saved again; 3

Tanners POV

I was editing my video for the day when my computer dings. It was my email. I opened the tab to see a new email

delanymason@ymaill.com

"She must have gotten my email in the description of my videos." I smiled and whispered, opening the tab. My smile quickly fades into a sense of panic as I read the message. I dropped my laptop, got my keys, and ran out the door, leaving the message on my bed.

Help me. Please.

I was hoping and praying that I remembered the way to her house. I rarely sped but when I did it was important. This could be a false alarm. This could be something stupid. But something in my gut was telling me she actually needed help.

I had the weirdest feel for this girl. When she was sat next to me earlier tonight, I felt happy. Happier than I have ever felt before. It was like she was the heat to summer here in San Diego.

I passed the same streetlight that I had met Delany by before. It was still flickering. But then it went out. It was black. And scary.

"Please don't let that be a sign" I say to myself, taking the same right turn as before. I pulled into her driveway and rushed up the stairs. I banged on the wooden door but it flew open.

I yelled her name. "DELANY! WHERE ARE YOU." I searched every room. The kitchen, the bathroom, a bedroom, the living room witch was covered in shattered glass.

I then rushed upstairs into another room. But this time, Delany was there. Covered in broken glass. My heart stopped. My gut dropped. And for once in my life I was utterly terrified.

[this chapter is really dramatic and quick. But hey. Also this book is getting so many great reviews.]