what actually matters; 25

Tanner's POV

Since the beginning of the day, Delany was nothing but excited. I looked at her as the wind blew through her beautiful long hair. Her eyes shimmered as she looked at me with excitement.

    We pulled up to the resort and Lany got out to check in. I had parked and got ahold of our luggage. Why did girls always pack so heavy? After lowering our luggage, I feel the small box in my left pocket and grin to myself. Walking into the hotel was easy. But finding Lany was the difficult part.

   I looked around, struggling to find her in the crowd, but before I knew it, there she was. Of course. Why didn't I think of it before? Free samples. I laughed to myself and walked up.

"Babe I got our room" she said, as I approach her side. We both head up to a beautiful room. The room included an ocean view, a balcony, a king size bed, a kitchenette, a bathroom, a jacuzzi, a tv, and a closet. Delany looks around in awh.

    "I love it" she says in a whisper. We settled in and sat out on the balcony for a few minutes, updating the vlog.

   "I'm gonna go grab some drinks from the vending machine. I'll be back." I say, kissing her forehead. "Want anything specific?" I ask.

  "Nope. Thanks." I nod and slide through the door, closing it behind me. I took hold of my wallet and took off into the hallway. I closed the door behind me once again and turned down the hall.

   "Tanner hey!" I hear a voice from behind me. I already knew who it was. I halted. My first instinct was to run, but I knew that wouldn't go well. I turned around slowly.

   "Taylor, hey..." I say cautiously.

   "Following me now, hey? Don't you think that's a bit dramatic." She says stepping closer. I gulp.

   "I'm actually just here with my girlfriend." I chuckle.

   "Nice cover. Not gonna work tan." Another step. "I knew you weren't over me, but following me to Hawaii. That's a given." Another step.

    And then a familiar feeling. She kissed me. I heard the door open behind me, and I pushed her away.

   "Tanner..." I hear again. I turn around and there stands Delany. Her eyes filled with tears.

[ WHATS UP FAM! I'm back with a new chapter. It's long awaited. It's here. It's summer and I'm out of school so expect a new chapter every few days! Also, we are so close to 100 followers! Thanks guys]