Maggie

On the following Saturday, I get a call from Glenn.
"Hello?" I say.
"Hey, Maggie. How are you doing?" He asks. I smile because he is always asking me that question.
"I'm doing good. How are you?" I say.
"Oh, I'm fine. I just wanted to ask you something. Um....I was wondering if you....wanted to go out somewhere for dinner. With me."
I'm so happy, the butterflies in my stomach go to my heart and start flying in little swirls.
"I'd love to." I say.
"Really? Ok, what time are you free?" He asks.
"I get off work at 5:00, so I think 7:00 will be a good time."
"Ok, that's perfect. I'll pick you up then."
"See you then." I say.
"All right. Bye."
"Bye."
When I was at work that day at the clothing department store, I was floating on clouds. I was working behind the cash register and I was just counting down the minutes to when my shift was over.

When I got home after work, I told Beth about my date with Glenn. She got so happy for me and wanted to help me choose an outfit. We were in my room, going through the clothes in my closet. We decided on a black blazer over a pink silk top. Then we added blue jeans and black flats.
"Thanks for helping me, Beth." I say, looking at myself in the mirror.
"You look beautiful!"
"Do you think Glenn will like it?" I ask nervously. I'm feeling a little anxious because this is my first date.
"Yeah, of course he will." She says, smiling at my reflection.