Glenn

I was finally able to sleep for a couple hours after Dr. Carson told me and Beth Maggie was out of surgery and stable. That was hours ago. Now we're just waiting for her to wake up. I don't know if they'll let me in to see her though, since technically I'm not family. I must see her.

Now, I see Dr. Carson walking towards me. Beth went to the cafeteria, so it's just me right now. I stand up from my chair.
"She's doing fine. She woke up a few minutes ago, but unfortunately she needed to be given a sedative. It shouldn't take too long to wear off." He says.
"Why did you have to give her a sedative?" I ask, worried.
"She was having a panic attack. She was distressed. Partly because of what happened to her, but I think something else was worrying her way more." He says, looking at me.
I swallowed, trying to fight back the tears from falling. It hurts to imagine her being so scared. God, I just want to hold her. Kiss her. And tell her everything is going to be ok.
"What was it?" I ask.
"You." Dr. Carson said.
"Me?" I ask, a little confused.
"She said she needed to see you. I think she wants to know you're unhurt."
When I heard that, my tears lost the battle and began to fall down my face. I wipe them away and smile a little.
"Yeah, that sounds like her. That's my Maggie. Too stubborn to even care about herself for once." I say, shaking my head.
"I think it's best if you go in the room and wait for her to wake up. Forgive me, but only one visitor is allowed at once. So, I'll make sure to send her sister in after you're finished." He starts walking away.
"Dr. Carson?" I say. He turns around and faces me. "Thank you. For everything."
"There's nothing to thank me for. Let me just say one thing. That girl in there, she really loves you. I never seen such a pure, sincere love between two such young kids. It's rare and beautiful. Nice to know it exists." He says. Then he turns and leaves.