Maggie

When I wake up, I don't open my eyes right away. I still feel scared. I'm scared he won't be here with me. I feel something soft and warm on my hand. It feels so familiar. It feels like....It feels like Glenn's hand. Glenn? I open my eyes and I see him sitting there, by my bed. He's holding my hand with both of his. He's resting his head on my thigh, he might be asleep. I smile. He's here. With me. He's ok. We're ok. I reach over to him with my free hand and run my fingers softly through his black hair.
He lifts his head and sees me. A big smile spreads on his beautiful face. "Maggie? Oh, thank God. You're awake. You're finally awake. How are you feeling?"
"I feel like how Jon Snow felt when his brothers of the Nightswatch betrayed and stabbed him. Wait, did I die and was resurrected like he was?" I say, jokingly. I love telling Glenn Game of Thrones jokes.
He laughs and kisses me on the forehead. "Yeah. That's definitely what happened."
"I was so scared, Glenn. I was scared something happened to you." I say, my voice shaking a little and a tear streaming from my eye. "I thought Shane might have hurt you."
"No, Maggie. I hurt him. I hurt him for hurting you. I beat his ass. I was a total badass." He says, wiping away my tear.
"Too bad I missed it." I say, laughing a little. I wince.
"Are you ok?" He asks.
"Yeah. It just hurts to laugh. That sucks. Laughing is my thing." I say.
"Do you want me to call the doctor?"
"No. I'm fine." I say.
"Maggie, I'm.....I'm sorry." He whispers.
"Sorry for what, Glenn?" I say, confused.
"I should have been there....I let you down." He says, looking down.
I lift up his chin with my hand, so that he'll look at me. And then I say, "You were there, I saw you. Don't you realize I might be dead right now if it wasn't for you? Don't you see what you've done? You saved me, Glenn. You did that." I say, fiercely.
He stays quiet for a while, and then he nods and kisses my hand.
"Where's Beth? Is she ok?" I say, getting scared again.
"Don't worry, she's fine. She fell asleep in the waiting room. I felt bad that I get to see you first, but she said she wanted you to see me before you see her. Even my dad and your friend Tracy is here." Glenn says.
Then he adds, "You're mom came by but Beth basically kicked her out."
"She did? Wow. She's getting so gutsy. I'm glad she told her to leave. I don't ever want to see her."
"And you and Beth won't ever have to. In fact, you won't have to live in that house anymore." He says, smiling.
"What do you mean?" I ask, confused.
"My dad talked to me in private when he got here this morning." He begins. "He said he insists that you and Beth move in with us. He also said he won't take no for an answer. He wants to help you two. It's what he does."
"What? Really? You're joking right?" I ask in disbelief.
"Nope." He says.
Then I start crying tears of happiness and relief. Me and Beth don't have to go back home. We're free. And I get to be with Glenn.
"Oh my God." I whisper.