Maggie

The next day, me and Tracy go to the movies. Beth went out with Noah and his sister Sasha to go bowling. No one was at the house when I got home from the theaters. So I decided to take a shower. And I start singing. Since when do I sing while showering?
When I get out of the shower, I put on my bath robe and open the bathroom door. I see him standing there. Shane is home. He just stands there looking at me with that disgusting stare.
"Did you have fun with your little boy toy yesterday. Glenn, was it?" He says.
I put my chin up and glare at him. Then I start walking, quickly, towards my room. But then he grabs my arm and yanks me to him.
"Come on, Maggie. Why don't you like me? I'm getting tired of trying to get you to like me, you know." He says smirking.
"DON'T TOUCH ME!" I yell, and then I punch him on the nose.
He puts both hands over his nose and stumbles back a little, knocking over a lamp. When he moves his hands from his face, I see that he's bleeding. Good.
"YOU BITCH! YOU ARE GOING TO REGRET THAT!" Then he storms out of the house. I go to my room and lock myself in. I peek out my window and I see his car driving away. He's probably going to go get even more drunk. I'm sitting on my bed, shaking. My stomach is in knots.

When Beth gets home, I go to her room.
"Hey, Beth? I need to ask you something and I need you to be completely honest with me ok?" I tell her.
"Ok, but what's wrong? Are you ok?" Beth says.
"Everything's fine. I just need you to answer me truthfully." I say.
"What is it?"
"Has Shane ever....made you feel uncomfortable? As in....does he look at you weird? Has he ever...touched you inappropriately?" I ask, my voice shaking just a little.
"No. No, never. You know that him and mom ignore me. Why are you asking me this?" Beth says, concerned.
"No reason." I answer. I feel a wave of relief crashing over me. "I just needed to check up on you. Please, if anything ever feels weird, let me know." I say, looking at her seriously.
"Ok." She says, still worried. I give her a hug and then leave her room.

When I go to sleep that night, all I can think about is that I only have to wait until March, which is in about three more months, and then me and Beth can leave. I almost have enough money saved up. I've gotten job promotions and I'm Assistant Store Manager now at the department store. We will make it out of this.