Glenn

There is only a week until Thanksgiving. I'm waiting by Maggie's car after school. I am glad she got her license and saved money to buy that used car, that way she won't be so trapped at home anymore.  When she sees me standing there, she smiles at me. I love seeing her happy, that's how it should always be. She walks towards me and kisses me.
"Hey, Glenn." She says, holding both of my hands.
"Hi. I needed to ask you something." I say.
"What is it?"
"Do you and Beth need some where to celebrate Thanksgiving? My dad, Dale, asked me to invite you two over to our house. You know, if you don't have any plans." I ask, looking down. This is the first time I invite a girl over to my house, and I'm just a little nervous. But I really hope she says yes. I want to make sure her and Beth get a decent Thanksgiving.
"Well, I'd love that. Let's ask my sister. I can see her walking this way." She says, pointing.
I turn around and I see Beth walking towards us. She looks really sweet and innocent. I can't help but smile. I've already met her and we get along great. She's like the little sister I've never had.
"Hey, Beth. Glenn wants to know if we want to go over to his house for Thanksgiving. What do you think?" Maggie says, smiling.
"Yeah, we really would like you two over." I say, smiling at Beth.
"That would be so amazing! Yeah, I'd love to!"
"Great! I'll let my dad know you girls said yes. I better get going, I have to work today." I say. Then I hold Maggie's hand to my lips and kiss it. I turn to go to my car, but then I hear Beth say, "Hey, Glenn? Thanks." Then she gives me a quick hug.
"No problem, kiddo." I say, smiling. "I'll call you after work, Mags." I say to Maggie.
"All right. Take care, pizza boy." Maggie says, getting in her car. Beth goes to sit in the passenger side.

After work, I go home and tell my dad the good news.
"They said that they would love to come over." I tell him, as he's cooking.
"I'm glad. I think it's time I meet your Maggie." He says.
"Just don't be embarrassing." I say, jokingly.
"Does that mean I can't tell them the story of when you were a boy scout and got that rash?"
"Please don't." I say, a little concerned.
"All right. I'll try to restrain myself." My dad says, laughing.