Part 6

Ruby: Penny, I-I don't understand.

Penny: Most girls are born, I was made. I'm the world's first synthetic person capable of generating an aura, I'm not real.

Ruby takes Penny's hands.

Ruby: Of course you are, you think just because you got nuts and bolts instead of squishy guts makes you any less real than me or Kayla?

Penny: I don't, um.. You two are taking this extraordinarily well.

Ruby: You're not like those things we saw back there, you've got a heart, and a soul I can feel it.

Kayla: You think yourself a machine, but you're no less human than Ruby and I.

Penny suddenly bear hugs the both of them.

Penny: Oh, you guys are the best friends anyone could have!

Ruby: I can see why your father would want to protect such a delicate flower.

Penny releases them.

Penny: Oh, he's really sweet, my father's the one who built me. I'm sure you two would just love him.

Ruby: Wow, he built you all be himself?

Penny: Well almost, he had some help from Mr.Ironwood.

Ruby: The general? Wait, is that why the soldiers are after you?

Penny: They like to protect me too.

Kayla: They're trying too hard if you ask me.

Ruby: They don't think you can protect yourself?

Penny: They're not sure if i'm ready yet. One day, it will be my job to save the world, but I still have a lot left to learn. That's why my father let me come to the Vital festival. I want to see what it's like in the rest of the world, and test myself in the tournament.

Ruby: Penny what are you talking about? Save the world from what? We're in a time of peace.

Penny: That's not what Mr.Ironwood said.

Kayla: What do you mean, what did he tell you?

???: Check down here!

Penny: You two have to hide *she picks up Ruby and Kayla*

Kayla: Hey Penny stop this!

Ruby: Penny, what are you doing? You don't have to go with them we can help you!

Penny throws both of them into a dumpster.

Penny: It's ok girls, they're not bad people, I just don't want you two to get in trouble. Just promise you won't tell anyone about my secret, okay?

Ruby: I promise.

Kayla: As do I.

Penny closes the dumpster as the soldiers catch up.

???: there she is!

Penny: Salutations officers.

Ruby slowly opens the lid to see what's going on.

Soldier 1: Why were you running? And what happened to the other girls?

Penny: What girls? I've been by myself all day.

Soldier 2: You shouldn't cause such a scene.

Soldier 1: Are you okay?

Penny: Just a scratch.

Soldier 2: Penny, your father isn't going to be happy about this.

Soldier 1: Please, just come with us.