Part 8

In a couple of days, Beacon would be having it's school dance, and Kayla was aiding team RWBY in preparing the cafeteria for that purpose. Kayla herself was on a ladder stringing lights along the windows, all while listening to Weiss and Yang argue.

Yang: Weiss, I thought we agreed, no doilies!

Weiss: *gets in Yang's face* If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines.

Kayla: What is going on down there?

At that moment the door opened, and Neptune and Sun entered.

Kayla: *climbs off the ladder* oh hey guys.

Neptune: Your dance is gonna have fog machines?

Weiss: We were thinking about it.

Kayla: Arguing about it is more like it.

Neptune: That's pretty cool.

Sun: You ladies all excited for dress up?

Ruby: *rolls her eyes* Pff, yeah right.

Yang: Laugh all you want. I'll be turning heads tomorrow night.

Kayla: I want to know how you can be so sure.

Weiss: What are you two wearing?

Sun: Uh, this.

Kayla: And why would you do that?

Neptune: Ignore him, for he knows not what he says.

Sun: *butts in* Hey I may have moved to Minstral, but I grew up in Vacuo. It's not exactly a shirt and tie kind of place.

Yang: Yeah, we noticed.

Meanwhile, in team NIKL's dorm, Leon was teaching Isaac how to win Blake's heart.

Leon: Ok Coonie, let's run through this one more time

Isaac: Leon, we've gone through this 10 times

Leon: Hey, why 10, when you can take 11?

Isaac: *facepalms* fine.

Leon: Alright, you know the drill *hits a button on a music player, causing a slow melody to start up* step 1, reel her in.

Isaac: *clears throat* may I have this dance?

Leon: Step 2, start dancing.

Isaac proceeds to perform a simple waltz with an imaginary partner.

Leon: Step 3, cheesy romance line.

Isaac: I've always liked the idiom "cat got your tongue" but now, the cat's got my heart.

Leon: You're almost there, now step 4, go to first base.

Isaac kisses his imaginary partner, as Leon turns off the music player.

Leon: Well done Coonie, just stick with me, and Blake will be yours by the end of the week.

Isaac: If I may, I still haven't gotten a suit yet.

Leon: Don't you worry none about that.

Meanwhile in town, Nina was just cruising around on her chopper, eventually stopping to tune up her engine. But while she's doing this, the sound of more motorcycle engines fill the air.

Nina: Oh no, not them.

A gang of hollerin men on choppers round the corner and stop next to Nina, one of them, a young adult male with dirty blonde hair and a threatening guile around him stepped off his bike, he was wearing a half zipped black leather jacket and boots.

???: What up sis?

Nina: What is it Axel?

Axel: We're here for the fest, and I just wanted to drop by and say yo to my little sis. *head locks Nina and nuggies her*

Nina: *Starts struggling* Bro, let me go.

The other bikers start laughing.

Axel: *releases Nina* Alright alright, tell ya what, why don't ya race me to Beacon and you can introduce me to your team?

Nina: Alright bro, I'll race ya.

Axel: Mad chill, alright, on three, 3! *races off with the rest of his gang*

Nina: That's so like him. *races after him*

After a few introductions and a whole lot of preparation, the night of the dance finally came. Leon was busy getting Isaac ready, Isaac himself was clad in a gray suit and black tie.

Leon: Alright Coonie, this is what I trained ya for, this is what it all comes down too, this is your moment.

Isaac: Yeah, Leon, I get it, a whole lot is riding on this, let's just get started.

Leon: Agreed, oh *hands Isaac a few cups of punch* give one of those to Blake *sends Issac off* go get the cat, tiger.

Isaac nervously starts walking to the dance, he feels hopeful for the outcome, but as soon as he arrives, he stops cold when he sees Blake walking in with Sun at her side.

Isaac: *drops the to punch cups at his feet* no, no, this isn't happening!

Leon: Dang... I thought my ploys against Sun woulda worked... guess I focused too much of preparing Coonie I forgot to make sure the monkey was outta the way...

Isaac: You, you go on without me, I'll catch up.

Leon: If you say so.

Meanwhile, inside the dance.

Kayla: hey Nina, have you seen Isaac anywhere?

Nina: Leon said he'd be here.

Leon: *shows up* I did, but right now, Coonie is feeling a little gloomy, I'll go get em.

Leon goes outside and finds Isaac sitting by a flower bed.

Leon: *sits next to Isaac* hey Coonie, you okay?

Isaac doesn't say a word.

Leon: Come on, don't give me that.

Isaac: I don't feel like talking to anybody right now.

Leon: Hey, if it's any consolation, it was kinda my fault for believing that Sun was out of the picture just because Blake initially rejected him.

Isaac: Whatever.

Leon: Meh, was never a big fan of dances anyway, wanna head back and play something?

Isaac: I guess?

End of part 8, kudos to by best bud for helping me write this one.