Part 14

With their team spiraling out of control, Nina and Leon were in Vale, discussing their next course of action over a cup of coffee.

Nina: So Leon, we got one teammate that refuses to talk to us, and another who's more concerned with listening to her insane dad than us, any ideas?

Leon: I guess for now we worry about the tournament... that's the top priority.

Nina: *takes a sip of coffee* I suppose you're right, The single matches are next, which one of us should go in? I mean, Kayla's probably busy, and Isaac would get all upset, and even if he agreed, we can't risk him trying to destroy the arena again.

Leon: I gotta agree on that one... Nina... be honest... How do you think you are in a one on one fight?

Nina: Probably not very well, guess that leaves you.

Leon: Guess so... *rubs his shoulder and winces* No big deal.

Nina: You sure, you look like you're in pain.

Leon: It's no big deal, honest.

Nina: Don't be rash, I don't want you to get hurt.

Leon: it's fine, honest, nothing I haven't dealt with before.

Nina: Leon, you nearly overexerted yourself just getting here, I shudder to think what would happen to you in battle.

Leon: Psh, I'm fine.

Nina: *looks away* alright, I hope you know what you're doing.

Leon: Nina...

Nina: L-Leon...

Leon: Nina, you really don't need to worry....

Nina: I-I'm your team leader, worrying is my job.

Leon: You know I'm capable of a one on one, you've seen me take on two highly trained guards with an arm tied behind my back, I can beat one guy without breaking a sweat.

Nina: I-I know.

Leon: *puts a hand on Nina's shoulder* I'll be fine, I swear.

Nina: J-just promise me to be careful, alright?

Leon: I won't play with my food in the one on one fight, ok Nin?

Nina: *blushes and smiles* Okay, Lee.

Leon chuckles and makes a goofy smile. Then out of nowhere, Axel shows up.

Axel: Nina, there you are, the next match is gonna... Did I interrupt something?

Leon: Nah, just talking to my leader. So, next matches are kicking off?

Axel: Yeah, now hurry up, snacks are on me today.

Nina: Thanks bro, ready Lee?

Axel: Oh silly nicknames, that's cute *rolls his eyes*

Leon: For free food, always.

Axel, Leon, and Nina all leave for the arena.

Axel: You dudes find a seat, I'll be right back *leaves*

Leon: Your brother's not half bad...

Nina: His is, more a father to me than my actual father.

Leon: Something go down with your father?

Nina: Well you see, way back when I was a little girl, Axel dared me to take my dad's bike for a spin, but I didn't learn how to ride back then and I crashed it. When dad learned about it, he lectured me for hours and swore to never ride again.