Chapter Five

"Wassup bruh!" I said as I entered the room.

Shawn smiled as he was sitting up in the hospital bed.

"Wassup man."

"How you doing. How you feeling?" I asked and to my suprise, he had alot to say today.

"Im doing better than before, I done got some of these drugs out my system, I can finally think straight."

"I know you can, man they was pumping your ass with all kind of shit."

He chuckled lightly.

"Moms been here yet?" I asked sitting down in the chair.

"Yeah. She not to long ago left but not before forcing me to eat this nasty ass food."

I laughed.

"I bet you ate that shit too."

"You damn right. Moms dont play. She'll roll up that phone book so damn quick."

"You aint neva lied."

We laughed again.

"Man Im just glad to see you feeling better."

He nodded.

"Greg."

"Wassup man?"

"Paula.. where is she?"

I blew a heavy breath out.

"Nobody knows. We all been blowing up her phone and shit, sending her text messages after text messages but she wont reply."

He leaned back in the bed.

"Even moms asked about her. She wont answer her calls either" I finshed.

"Did you tell her?" He asked.

"Tell who?"

"Moms.. about everything."

"Naw man. That aint my place."

He was silent.

"So what happened man? Between me and you, I already know Paula did it but.. why? Did you tell her what was up and she flipped?

"Nah man, it wasnt that easy."

"So whats up? Let a nigga know."

Shawn paused again before he spoke.

"After we got done eating at your spot. I went home.. to the new house.."

"It aint new no more, but go on."

"Well, I went and took a shower. Right when I stepped out, I heard a knock at the door. I wrapped the towel around me and I went to answer it. It was Shay. Man, I dont know how shorty found our new address but she was standing there in a trench coat and heels."

"Then what happened."

"I started telling her that I was done with whatever we had going on. I told her I couldnt go into a new year with this same bull. She wasnt having it. She started black mailing a nigga. She persuaded me that it was one last time and at midnight, we never had to speak of it again. I gave in."

"Damn."

" I wake up the next morning and she still laying next to me. Im like aye, you gotta go before Paula gets here. She wouldnt leave. Next thing you know, an argument turned into morning sex and we ended up getting caught by P."

I shook my head as I stared at the tile floor.

"Man Paula burst through the door with her gun in hand and aimed it directly at us. Shay tried to hide behind me but the shit didnt work. When Paula saw her face she blew up. When she threw her hands on her head from shock, I tried to tackle her to get the gun but her reflexes were too quick. She shot me dead in the chest and I blacked out. I thought I was dead man. When I came too, the house was on fire and Shay was screaming to the top of her lungs.."