Chapter Twenty Seven

°• Paula •°

"I didn't think you would come here and wait up all night for me."

"I didnt expect for you to be here but you called me and I came."

De'Wayne and I chatted it up in his truck for awhile after we watched Jeana and Greg pull off.

"Im glad. Its nice to have somebody to talk to who aint related to me or the people involved. I aint got to worry about pissing off somebody when I'm expressing myself."

"I understand.. but we should always be mindful of what we say Paula. Your tongue is a weapon of its own."

"I know. What were you and Greg talking about when Jeana and I walked out?"

"Nothing much. He was just telling me about how he got you released and I was explaining to him how we've gotten to know eachother better and he went on to warn me about us getting too close."

"What!?"

"Yeah. Reminding me that you're still a married woman."

"Well I'll be damned.. Greg is a mess.." I responded shaking my head from side to side.

"I dont blame him though. He just looking out for his brother."

"Im sorry Greg came at you like that De'Wayne. Thats not even your character."

"Nahh Its all good. I assured him it was nothing like that. We're just friends."

I smiled at the way he handled the situation.

"I think we betta get going. Are you ready for me to take you home?" He asked as he started the truck.

"You late for something?"

"No. I dont have to be anywhere. I just figured you'd want to get home before it got too late."

"To be honest with you.. I dont wanna go to Jeana's."

"What if they're waiting for you?"

"Oh they are.. well Greg anyway. I just dont feel like answering any of his questions."

"My place is always open."

"You sure?"

"Why wouldnt I be?"

De'Wayne rerouted his destination to his home.

In about a hour or two we finally made it to his secluded home and we made our way inside.

De'Wayne locked the door behind us and activated the security system.

"I'll show you where the guestroom is and if it makes you fell any better, you're the first to break it in."

"Oh really."

I followed him up the stairs as he took a left and headed down the hall to the bedroom passing a couple of doors.

He stepped aside as he opened the door and I walked in.

"I dont want you to feel like you walking on eggshells so make yourself at home."

"I really appreciate it De'Wayne. You didnt have to open up your home to little ole me."

"It was nothing."

I smiled.

"I'll let you get comfortable. If you need me I'll be downstairs aight."

I nodded as he walked out and closed the door behind him.

I looked around the large bedroom as I stood up, dropped my purse on the bed and took off my coat.

It was like your normal guest room except larger. The bed was dressed with white bedding and nice fluffy pillows. The walls had motivational pictures and quotes on them that were lit up by small lights. I walked over and sat my phone down on the bedside table that was adorned with a lamp and alarm clocks.