Chapter Twenty Two

°• Paula•°

Kendrick Lamar's DNA blasted through the speakers of my Jeep cherokee as I drove to Greg's house.

I was in such a cheerful mood as the day went on. Rapping along to the lyrics, then all of a sudden my left eye began to jump out of control.

"Lordt! What is it now?" I said aloud to myself.

I ignored the involuntary motion as I kept driving to my destination.

After a few more miles, I pulled up in Greg's area and drove to the front of his house, parking the car and getting out.

Greg, who must've saw me pulling in, met me at the front door.

"Whats up P." He greeted as I walked up the four steps and into the house.

"Nun much. I called you earlier but I didnt get an answer."

"My bad. I was out and about picking up a few things and left my phone in the car."

"Umh.." I said looking around the house.

His story suprisingly checked out as I spotted a few store bags filled with items on the kitchen floor.

"Umh what?" He asked as he sat down.

"Nothing."

"So how you holding up?" Greg asked.

"Im doing aight I guess."

"I think aight is not the suitable word here. Especially when you went from being in solitary to easing through the city."

" And by that, Im pretty sure Jeana told you about my many encounters with De'Wayne."

"If thats what you want to call it.."

"Thats what it is.."

"Then yea.. I hear you be around the nigga almost daily."

"Almost. I just got back earlier but thats not important."

"Not important? I mean Im not Shawn or anything and its not my place to keep up with who you lay up with but if you and this nigga smashing on some revenge shit.. ion want no parts of that shit. "

"Its nothing like that Greg.. you cant possible get revenge on a dead person. Anyways, like I was saying, yesterday I went off with De'Wayne,  we chatted for awhile and  I ended up confessing to De'Wayne about the murders."

Greg stared in my direction.

"I know you're probably gonna say the same thing Jeana said.. it was a bad idea.."

"I mean unless you trying to get sent behind bars faster than a gazelle running from a tiger.."

"No I don't want to go to jail Greg. I just felt like he should know and before you say it..we don't have to worry about him snitching cause he isn't."

"If you say so P. but just like its a lot of wolves running round here in sheep clothing, its a lot of snakes behind a listening ear."

"You don't think I know that?"

"I'm just saying. Don't shoot the messenger."

"I get it but yall need to see it from my point of view too."

"I get what you saying too, you didn't want buddy to go down for something you did so you became "Captain Save- A -Hoe"."

I stared him down as I listened to his remark.

"But check this. ." he began. "You got him off this time but lets just say they come back at his neck again and this time they actually book his ass and he looking at doing some hard ass time.. this nigga got businesses and a whole damn reputation to protect.. whats gone keep him from giving you up then? huh? Yall ain't in no relationship so he isn't obligated to ride or die for yo ass." Greg explained as he leaned up on his knees and looked in my direction.