Chapter Twelve

°• Greg •°

I pulled away from Jeana's house and headed straight home. I couldn't wait to step inside the house and finally rest. I didn't mind spending time with Paula and Jeana but that ride back home was exhausting.

I drove up into my driveway, parking the car before I got out and headed inside. I threw my keys on the coffee table and flopped down on the couch.

I wiped my face with my hands as I realized how much I had on my plate.. man was it overflowing. Not to mention the call I had just gotten earlier. When I saw the hospital's number on the screen I knew I couldnt answer it at the table with Paula and Jeana. So I did what I knew was best... I went outside to talk to Shawn.

Greg and Shawn Convo ▪

"Hello?"

"Greg, its me Shawn."

"I know. Whats up? How you hangin'?"

"Im aight. I aint heard from you in two days man, I was beginning to worry."

"Naw man. Im good."

"So whats up bruh? Did you find her?"

"Yeah. She was exactly where you said she would be."

"I knew it. So whats the plan to get her back in town?"

"We're already here. Me, Jeana and P."

"Thats what Im talkin bout man! I knew I could depend on you!"

"Ion think you should be celebrating just yet."

"What you mean?"

"She doesnt know you're alive."

"What?!"

"I havent told her yet."

"So whats the hold up? "

"Its not the right time Shawn. She just got here. What you trying to do run her away again? Im going to tell her.. eventually."

Shawn's end was quiet.

"Dont sweat it. I got it. aight?"

"Aight."

"I'll call you tomorrow bruh."

End of Convo ▪

I jumped up from the couch and decided to take a shower. I just needed to get some rest. Besides having a full workday in the a.m., I had no idea what tomorrow held. I got dressed in some boxers and decided to turn in earlier than usual.

The alarm on the side table chimed with an intense as I rolled over to see the sun creeping through the curtains. I hit the alarm to turn it off before I sat up in the bed. Money making Mondays.. dont you just love em'.. I thought to myself.

I stepped out of bed at 6:30 to use the bathroom and jump in the shower. Afterwards, I tended to the usual routine.. brushing my teeth and washing my face.

I dressed in whatever was easy to find, which happened to be a brown collar shirt and some khaki slacks. I slipped on some socks and then my favorite leather dress shoes.

I picked up my phone off the table on the way out the room and put it in my pocket along with my wallet. I wrapped my tie around my neck to remind me to tie it before I left the house.

7:00 displayed on the tv after I checking the weather. I was so ready to go ahead and get this work day over with and I was hoping that it would fly by like the speed of light.

I grabbed my keys and notes before heading out the door with plans of grabbing breakfast on the way to work.

Eight to nine hours passed and I was finally off for the day. As I walked to my car I saw I had calls from moms and Shawn that I missed during the day. Instead of calling them back, I decided to swing by the hospital.