Chapter Twenty Three

°• Greg •°

I stood in the door frame as I watched Paula jump into her car and speed off.

"I gotta go follow her." I said as I searched frantacly for my keys and wallet.

"Gregory Shemar Blew!"

"Yeah ma!" I said as I turned around trying my best not to yell.

"You need to explain to me what just happened? I thought you couldnt get in touch with Paula, and I come in.. and see her sitting in your kitchen!"

"Can we talk about this later ma?"

"No sir! Start talking now!"

I blew an impatient breath out.

"I didnt lie to you ma. Yes.. at first I couldnt get in touch with Paula. She wouldnt answer none of my calls or texts but Shawn mentioned some house they had in Miami when I came to visit him a few days back. I went down there with Jeana and we found her. We talked her into coming back but told her to lay low. During that whole conversation and trying to persuade her to come back, I didnt mention Shawn was still alive cause I knew she wouldnt have agreed to come."

"Why I didnt know about this huh?"

"Ma.. you were already feeling some type of way before you found out what caused this mess. Speaking of that, how you gone jump on that woman knowing that Shawn was the one who fuc-- I mean messed up?"

My mom stared back at me.

"I didnt jump on her. I just told her I didnt like the fact that she tried to kill my son. There is a way out of every situation. It all depends on what you choose."

"Look, no disrespect ma but nobody truly thinks about what would be the right way to handle a situation like that and I aint taking up for Paula but you gotta at least have some type of understanding. Now, I can talk to you about this later but I gotta go catch Paula before she decides to dissapear completly this time." I said before slightly jogging out the door and getting into my car.

I pulled out the driveway, speeding down the road, switching from lane to lane trying to figure out where or which way Paula could have taken.

I took a wild guess and decided to make my way over Jeana's house. I prayed to God Paula was there and she didnt decide to go to ole boy's house.

After driving for awhile, I made my way into Jeana's area. As I approached the house I saw the Jeep Cherokee parked infront. I pulled up behind it and jumped out with a quickness.

I knocked on the door and without a minute to spare, it swung open and Jeana stood behind the door with her hands on her hips and a pissed off Paula in the living room.

I walked into the cross fire and immediately tried to save my ass.

"Paula, Listen I was gone tell you.."

"When were you planning on telling me Greg? If I knew Shawn was still alive I wouldnt have agreed to come back!" Paula said as she stood on the other side of the living room.

I kept the distance between us as we hashed out our issue.

"Thats why I called Jeana the other day but you werent home. I was about to tell you before moms walked in too. She had no idea you were here and she didnt know you didnt know Shawn was alive. That was my fault. I kept this whole thing a secret and I shouldve at least told her to keep her mouth closed until I had a chance to tell you. Pissing you off  was never my intention.."

"How else am I suppose to react Greg?"

"I get it. I do. And I apologize on my mother's behalf for how this shit has turned out. You gotta understand though.. everything I do or did, I did for your protection."