Chapter Twenty Four

°• Jeana •°

I sat down on the couch as Greg came back in and started pacing the floor.

"So what do we do?"

"I aint got the slightest idea right now but I know we gotta go down there where she at."

"I wonder who opened their mouh and told them Paula was staying here with me."

"It damn sure wasnt one of us. It had to be.."

* Knock Knock

I looked up at Greg and he looked at me.

He held his hand up to let me know he'd answer this one.

He used the peep hole to see who it was before asking.

"Speak of the devil." He turned to me and said before he opened the door.

"De'Wayne? C'mon in." I informed him.

"What just happened? I just saw the cops speeding from this area. Is Paula here?"

Greg slammed the door behind him as he walked in.

"You mighty concerned about a woman that aint yours bro."

De'Wayne looked in Greg's direction.

"Your timing is precise as a mutherfucker. Coming up in here acting all concerned and shit. You told the police Paula was here huh?" Greg questioned.

"What!? Wait a minute here! You got it all wrong man. I would never rat Paula out after she helped me out of my situation. I may come off as sidity.. but I'm a black man.. I dont fuck with twelve. Im only here cause Paula texted me and told me to swing by." He answered as he showed us the messages.

"Well if it wasn't you then who was it?" Greg asked aloud.

"I hate to say it Greg but your mama might be the snitch."

"What?!"

"C'mon. She was the only one who knew besides Shawn and everyone standing in this room right now." I said.

Greg took out his phone and dialed a few digits before placing the phone to his ear.

"She didn't answer." He said after waiting for awhile. "but I know exactly where she is and Ima find out if this shit is true or not."

"What are you about to do?"

"Im going to the house where she at." Greg answered.

"What can I do to help?" De'Wayne asked.

"You go and wait with Paula at the station."

"Wait. You sure about that Greg? I mean De'Wayne is still under investigation."

"I was but I have my proof now. Paula helped me find my boarding pass so that rules me out."

"Aight then. As soon as I get through, I'll be down there to straighten this shit out." Greg planned.

"Well Im going with you." I said as I put on my shoes. "Yall are not about to leave me here worried."

We all walked out the door at the same time and got into seperate vehicles. Greg and I in his car and De'Wayne in his.

We backed out and drove out the neighboorhood together but seperated when Greg and I took a left turn and De'Wayne took a right.

Greg and I drove to the Westside of town, which took close to an hour until we reached the country side where his parents resided. He drove up the pathway of a dirt road until he made it to the front of the two story family home.