Chapter Eight

°• Jeana •°

I layed in bed with the covers up to be chin thinking about what Greg said. Man was I all in my feelings tonight but who could blame me. Living up in this big ass condo only made the feeling of failure worse. I know I had a big ass check from Paula sitting in my purse and an awesome job that she gave me but it didnt make me feel any better. I guess that was just an inner thing that I was gonna have to work out on my own time.

When I realized I had dozed off to sleep, it was already daylight. The view of the sun coming up through the windows was amazing. It made my heart smile and filled me with happiness.

I jumped in the shower and tended to the usual with a little bit of a pep in my step. I put on the new set I got from victoria's secret and decided to stand to the window for no good reason. I just wanted the world to see the glow I had this morning.

After I got that out my system, I made up the bed putting on the robe that hung in the bathroom. I stepped out the room to make some hot tea and noticed Greg was in the shower when I heard the water running.

I continued to the kitchen to put some water on for tea.

I guess Greg didnt realize I was up when he walked in with the towel wrapped around his waist.

"Whooaahh." He said grabing at his towel when he saw me in the kitchen.

"Goodmorning." I said laughing at his reaction.

He smiled out of embarassment.

"If I knew you were up I wouldve put some clothes on."

"Well its kind of too late for that." I said. "After last night, I done seen all you got."

"Thats what ya mouth say." He responded.

"Please. Plus its going to take more than some fitted boxers and a cut physique to impress me."

"So you think Im cut." He said rubbing his abs.

"You aight."

"You aint got to say it. I already know wassup." Greg said before jogging to the back to put on some shorts.

I shook my head.

"So whats the plan for today?" I asked as I poured the hot water in a cup on a teabag.

"Paula should be up around ten. She is an early bird. So I guess we'll head out around that time." He answered as he walked back in.

"Sounds good." I agreed as I walked from around the counter with my tea in hand.

I sat down at the table and sent a good morning text to my daughter as usual. I knew she wasnt up but I wanted her to know I was thinking about her.

"The real question is how we're going to convince her to come back with us." Greg said.

"You're right. Aren't the police still working on the case?"

"For all I know.. it done cooled down. I think she'll be fine as long as nobody knows she's back."

"Really, nobody knows Paula was involved but the two of us, Shawn, your mom.."

"Naw moms doesn't know."

"What?!"

"She doesn't know. Shawn never told her."

"So she doesn't know anything about Shawn having an affair with my sister?"

"Nah."

"So where does she think Paula is?"

"Working out of town."