Chapter Twenty Five

•° Paula °•

I sat at the long table in the center of the small interogation room. No one across from me in the empty wooden chair.

I looked around at the heavy blinding lights that heated up the room like we were in a tanning bed. My eyes caught sight of the one-way mirror. I could just see them standing there,  like they do in all the movies, watching me like I was a caged animal at a zoo and they were waiting for me to turn a few tricks.

I settled my hands on the table, interlocking my fingers as the clinging of the metal cuffs hitting the table sounded off in the small room.

I wasn't too much worried about this whole situation anymore. I didnt reherse what I planned to say in my mind or anything. If I was going to jail today then so be it. Thats just how my mindset was set up right now. It was mainly one of the reasons I didnt even try to put up a fight when the officers came. I was over it.

Even after finding out Shawn was alive.. in the worst way possible, might I add.. it didnt make a difference to me. At least not a big one. I was at the point of just accepting my fate.

The loud sound of a buzzing knocked me out of my thoughts and I focused my attention on the large steel door and who was coming in.

I watched a familar face walk in and close the door.

He smiled a devious smile as he walked up to the table with his hands behind his back.

"We meet again Mrs. Blew.." he began as he looked down at me.

"Yeah.. but not by choice.." I responded.

"Do you know why you're here?"

"No I dont. You wanna tell me?" I said watching his every move.

He sat down in the chair across from me.

"This is nothing new to you Mrs. Blew seeing that you helped Mr. Nelson slip through our cracks but in the mist of all that you werent thinking of protecting yourself."

"I didnt help anyone slip through any cracks. If you were such a good cop, detective or whatever you call yourself, then there wouldnt be any cracks for someone to slip through."

"You're playing a really tough game right now Paula. Sadly to say you might as well give it up. We know it was you."

"What game am I playing? What am I suppose to give up? Tell me what did I do officer Wallace.."

He opened up his jacket and pulled out that ugly ass manila folder from the first time we met.

"You and your husband had some infidelity issues correct?"

"And your point is.."

"I'll take that as a yes. Lets not waste any of our time here.. Im sure you watched the news Mrs. Blew. On the day in question, we recieved a call from a neighbor in the area saying the house that you and your husband shared was on fire. Now would you like to tell me how this fire was started?"

"I thought you knew." I said acting dumbfounded.

"This fire didnt start out of the blue now did it?"

"Aint thats what youre suppose to find out? I mean you are the dectective.. or cop."

"MRS. BLEW, DID YOU OR DID YOU NOT SHARE THIS HOME WITH YOUR HUSBAND!"

"Why you yelling Wallace? Im right here." I asked getting under his skin.

"Did you or did you not share this home with your husband?"

"No."

"Well we have a contract stating otherwise.."

Officer Wallace pulled out a contract to the house that was signed.