Chapter Eleven

The next morning, I woke up super early. In the wee-hours of the night, I had decided to actually take Greg and Jeana up on their offer by going home.

I began packing bits and pieces of clothing cause if this shit didnt work out, I was bringing my ass back down here and then Greg would have to worry about me changing the locks.

I made up the bed and cleaned up the room, throwing away the empty liquor bottles and piled up klenex tissues.

I had already took a shower and tended to the other usual duties before so I jogged down stairs and decided to get some breakfast.

Greg and Jeana were still sleep on the couch as I walked past. They looked so peaceful.. like they knew everything was good I thought as I headed to the kitchen. I brewed a cup of coffee as I stood in the kitchen. I wasnt really hungry but I knew I would have to eat sooner or later.

I saw Greg scretching out on the couch as I stood in the kitchen.

"Good morning. " I said in a low tone.

"Morning." He responded standing up and scretching out some more before he headed to the powder room.

I fixed a cup of coffee and sat down at the table.

I breathed in the hot steam that escaped from the coffee mug.

"Glad to see you in a good mood." He said as he walked out the bathroom.

"Its been awhile. I've come to the realization that everyday is a new day and a day that God gives me another chance to get it right. If Im upstairs drinking til I pass out, Im not making the best of my life."

"And you're right. Gotta keep ya head up."

I nodded.

"So whats your final decision P.? Are you going?"

I paused for a minute.

".. yeah. I'll go but if shit goes left.. Im out."

"I hear ya but it wont."

Greg and I continued to socialize as we waited for Jeana to wake up. After awhile of waiting he decided to go ahead and get his shower out of the way.

As I sat downstairs by myself, I couldnt stop myself from thinking about the run-in I was going to have with Catherine. I wasnt even sure if I would see her but I was preparing myself for the worst. I knew she was going to give me the business but I didnt care. If I was gonna have to stand my ground as she jumped on me, then so be it. I was ready physically, shit I needed to let off a few blows of steam, but I wasnt ready mentally and emotinally.

I wasnt ready to have beef with the woman who I called mom for four years but who was I to think that everything between us would be peaches and cream after everything that was done. To make matters worse, I was gonna have to explain why her son was crispier than a piece of bacon right now. Whoo hoo for me.. I thought to myself being sarcastic.

"I didnt know you were up." Jeana said knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah. We've been waiting on you."

"Where's Greg?" She asked looking around slowly.

"The shower. He brought your bag in so you could get dressed."

Greg came jogging down the steps as we spoke of him.

"The dead has risen." He said directing his comment to Jeana.

She smiled and walked upstairs to get ready.

"So I was thinking, once Jeana gets ready, we eat, pack up and hit the road." He said.