Chapter Fifteen

•° Greg °•

I went back in the house after Paula left. I wasnt so sure about her going with ole dude but hey she's a grown ass woman.

I sat down on the couch and decide to text Jeana about Paula's where-abouts.

Me: How's everything over there? 7:30pm

Jeana: We're doing okay. 7:33pm

Me: Aight. Im just checking. Paula told me about what went down. 7:35pm

Jeana: Yeah, we had a little misunderstanding but we aint enemies. We just needed to cool off. She's been in her room since. 7:37pm

Me: She made it back? 7:39pm

Jeana: Made it back? 7:40pm

As I was typing my response, Jeana's name popped up on the front of my screen.

"Yea?" I answered after accepting her call.

"What do you mean made it back?"

"You didnt know she stopped by my house earlier?"

"No. All this time I just thought she was sitting in the room."

"Nah, she stopped by, told me what happened then she met up with some guy."

"Some guy?"

"Yeah. She knows him. I guess they had dinner together with Shawn and Shay too. Dude name is De'Wayne, he works at that place downtown.. umh.. Nelson and company."

"Oh. All this time I thought she was here. My car was in the driveway and everything. How did she get over there?"

"She went and got a rental I guess."

"Umh.. I didnt mean for her to storm out you know.. its just I had to establish some type of boundaries."

"I feel ya. Even I felt kind of hit when she told me. She understands it was wrong. Thats why she wanted to give you some space."

I listened as Jeana responded to what I said but then I got a text in the middle of our conversation.

I pulled the phone away from my ear to see who it was.

Nicki: Babe, whats been going on? I havent seen or talked to you in forever. Hit me back. Love you. 8:39pm

I read the text and put the phone back to my ear without responding.

"So what did her and this guy meet about." Jeana asked.

"He's a suspect in your sister's murder."

"Seriously?"

"He said the cops think he had something to do with it since he was the last contact she made."

"Me and you both know thats not true."

I laughed.

"You right but dude said he had left for Cali the same time Paula did. So Paula went down to the station to see if she could be his alibi."

"Ion think she shouldve went Greg. They might turn it all on her and put the pieces together."

"I tried to tell her it was a bad idea but hey, she wouldnt listen. So I just told her not to answer any questions."

"Yeahhh.. thats her best bet."

"Yup. Hopefully she'll listen."

"You know what Greg?"