Chapter Twenty Eight

°• Jeana •°

"I hope you've realized that Paula aint coming. Its past midnight." I said as I looked over at Greg who was still sitting in the same spot.

"I stopped waiting for Paula a long time ago."

I stared at him for a second.

"So what you waiting on?"

"Nothing." He said as he started fixing his watch on his wrist.

I didnt respond. I just looked in his direction.

"When is baby girl suppose to come home?"

"Who Tara?"

"Yeah."

"Tomorrow."

"Oh really?"

I looked at him with a "What you up to" look.

"You in the mood to step out?"

"Step out?"

"Yeah. Lets go cut a lil' rug."

"Cut a what?" I said between my laugh.

"Don't act like you aint never heard nobody say that. I know a dope club downtown that plays the best music this time a night."

"What kind of music we talking?"

"Aint talking nun of this bullshit they listen to today. All that rah rah shit!"

I laughed aloud.

"Damn.. I sounded like an old ass man then." He realized as he laughed along with me. "but on some real shit. I'm talking bout that old skool r&b like Anthony Hamilton, New Edition, Shai, Boys II Men, That R.Kelly."

"Awh yeah.. see now we talking. Let me see how far you trying to go back now."

"Whatever you thinking, I'm pretty sure they got it. So is we going or not?"

12:44 AM showed on the radio in Greg's car as we found ourselves in the parking lot of this club called The Valley. We didn't even waist time changing into something fancy. We just came on in our old casual look.

Greg and I stepped out the car and walked up to the front of the building. Lucky for us at this time of night there was no line.

"What time do you guys close?" Greg asked the door man.

"4.00 am."

"Aight." Greg said as he paid our way and we stepped inside.

The feel of an old skool vibe instantly took over as we walked in and looked around.

Tables were scattered everywhere and a long bar sat in the corner of the room. The DJ stood on stage looking out at the crowd of people on the dance floor as he mixed on his turn tables.

Greg grabed my hand and led me to an empty table in the front of the room.

He pulled my chair out for me to sit down, pushing it in, then taking his seat.

"What you think so far?" He asked.

"Its nice. They even got the whole enviroment right."

He laughed a little.

"You know what this reminds me of?"

"What?"

"The same kind of club on Whats Love Got To Do With It. The one where Tina Turner was singing in the white dress."

"Nahhh."

"AnnaMae I told you not to wear the white dress.." I recited.

Greg laughed aloud.