Chapter Sixteen

•° Jeana °•

After I got off the phone with Greg, I turned the shower on and let the hot water steam up the bathroom. I had alot of tense areas on my body and God knows this hot water was everything I needed.

After I hopped in the shower and spent almost a whole thirty minutes or more in it, I got out and dried off. I lotioned my body down in some soothing massage oil and got dressed in my oversize flannel pants and a tank top.

As I was walking out the room and heading to the front of the house, I heard the engine of a car running on the outside of the house. After a few moments it cut off. I could hear Paula jingling the key that I gave her in the door.

I continued to close the blinds and curtains as she unlocked the door, walked in and locked it behind her.

She looked over at me as I closed the last set of curtains.

"I didnt know you were still up."

"Yup. Just long enough to secure the place."

She didnt respond.

I stopped what I was doing and placed my hands on my hips and looked at her standing there.

"Im sorry Jeana. I really am."

"Dont worry about it. Lets.. lets just forget it and get some shut eye." I said as I walked toward her. "We're both beyond stressed out and we need our rest."

I opened my arms to exchange a friendly hug. She smiled and met me half way to complete our embrace.

"Thank you.. for everything Jeana."

I patted Paula's back as she spoke.

"You're more than welcome." I responded.

Paula and I broke our embrace and I let her lead the way down the hallway until she went off into her bedroom and I went to mine.

The sunny rays of a Friday morning woke me up with a smile on my face. I sat up in the bed and thanked God for another day before I let my feet touch the ground. I carried on with my usual routine and got dressed in some jeans, a shirt and wrapped my hair in a turban.

I walked out the room and made my way to the livingroom but was stopped in my tracks when I saw Paula up and on the phone in the kitchen.

I placed my hands on my hips before I walked in and I just watched her. Like who the hell was she talking too?

I finally walked in and greeted her with a warm good morning. She returned the greeting. I went to grab a yogurt from the fridge as I heard her tell the caller, she'd call them back.

"Youre up early." I said as I grabbed a spoon.

"I gotta train myself not to sleep so late." She responded.

I nodded.

"You have any plans for today or the weekend?" I asked.

"So far.. no. With me staying low and everything I cant go too much of anywhere. I think Im going to chill here. What about you?"

"Well.. I was going to work on my website and everything. You know try and pull in some buyers."

"Thats smart."

"Yeah but with everything going on.. I wont have time to show anything. So I think its best if I hold off on everything." I said as I sat down at the table.

"Well.. dont wait too long." She said as she stood at counter.

"Found a new friend?" I asked referring to the caller that was on the phone a minute ago.