Chapter 43: Note

* * * * *
GONG CHA (BUBBLE TEA CAFE)

December 23, 2014 Tuesday
8:30 PM
Hyoyeon's POV

"Noona, where would you like to go to today?" I turned my head slightly, pushing a bit of my honey blonde hair back to glance at Xiumin as he appraoches my with two drinks in his hand. He had been following me everywhere ever since that man assigned him to be my escort. So it's been difficult to find time for myself with him breathing down my neck.

"Can't you do anything else besides be my babysitter? I can seriously watch myself."I huffed in annoyance, taking my drink from his hand. "Haven't I already proven myself to you?"

"I got that, but unfortunately it's not my decision to follow you like this."Xiumin shook his head lowly. "Besides, even if I could, I can't really do anything since Seunghyun-hyung sent two more guys to watch over us too..."He whispered, loud enough for only me to hear. I stared at the boy in disbelief, wondering why he would confess such a thing to someone like me? Doesn't he not trust me? Why would he just give his teammates away like that (not like I didn't know about that though). "Should we go to an arcade after, noona?"

"Stop calling me Noona, I've already told you to just call me Hyoyeon."I hissed, not liking the formalities between us. It seemed too weird and I didn't like that.

"But, if this annoys you then I don't mind calling you Noona."Xiumin gave a cheeky smile. "Noonaa~~" The aegyo in his tone gave me the chills as he tried to get closer, acting cute. I shoved his face back, since it was too close.

"Aiisssh, so annoying."

"So are we still going to the arcade after?"

"Oh my god, why are you so obsessed with the f'n arcade."I rolled my eyes, resting my chin on my palm in frustration. "Just go by yourself."

"No way, you have to go with me since I have to watch you, Noona."Xiumin chuckled. "Besides, you owe me some tokens for buying you that boba drink. About... $100 worth?"

"Don't make me snap your neck you little brat."I threatened, seeing through his lies. "Boba does not cost that much."

"It doesn't, but I'm also counting the gas money used for driving you around these past three days. Also, the meals I've been buying you and forcing you to eat." He wasn't wrong, we've spent most of our time away from the other EXO boys and Seunghyun. Staying out till late at night, going around, playing at arcades (Xiumin's request) and eating at restaurants. I was against eating a while back but he kept spending a lot of money on my meals, just to force me to eat my food. I eventually caved in on the pressure and started to eat my food on my own, no nagging needed from Xiumin.

"Aisss--- Okay fine. But I'm not spending $100 on you, the meals you bought me were your own decision, you brat."I got up from my seat, glaring at his side profile. Noticing the grin on his face. "Wipe the grin off your face and hurry up to the car before I change my mind."

"Ne."

"Before that, I need to order more of this boba thing."I stated, showing off my already empty cup. "I hate to admit this but it's..good."

"Ehh?? Already?? That was so fast."He stared at me in awe.

"Shut up and go to the car, I'll meet you there."I shooed him away, watching as he got up from his seat. "Make sure it's nice a cool when I get there."I demanded, hoping he would actually go to the car like I told him to.

To my luck, he was actually going along with my plan. "I'll try, buy me another one too." He waved, heading out of the store with the straw of his boba drink in his mouth. I knew he'd be comfortable with me at this point.