Chapter 37: Just Relax

JESSICA'S HOUSE
8:35 PM
Hyoyeon's POV

We made it to Jessica's place about an hour ago and were now cooking the meat Sunny and Taeyeon picked up. Well, I was preparing with Seohyun and Yoona's help. The other girls were busy eating snacks and chatting.

"Am I doing this right, Hyoyeonnie?"Seohyun asked, using the nickname Yoona usually gives me. She had been chopping the vegetables by my orders. "I don't think I'm doing this right."

"Calm down, Seohyunnie."I shook my head. She was worrying over nothing. "You're doing fine, look." I got a bit closer and picked a piece of onion up. "This looks really good, okay? I need you to gather them and then get a plastic bag. We'll be mixing the sauce and vegetables first before we take the meat out to grill outside."

"N-Ne unnie." Seohyun nodded. She put the knife down and gathered the vegetables she slices up to put them on a plate.

Nodding in satisfaction, my gaze goes to the meat in front of me before going towards Yoona. The other girl struggling to cut the potatoes. She really looked like she was struggling, her hands shaking as she tried to push the knife dow--

"Woah! That's dangerous."I rush towards Yoona and pull her wrist away from the potato, pulling the knife along with it. "Don't try to force it like that, And you need to make sure your fingers are tucked in so you don't cut them."

"I-I'm sorry Hyoyeonnie." Yoona whimpered.

"It's okay, Yoong."I sighed, these girls were too cute. It was hard to stay angry at them for too long. I placed the knife down. "Why were you trying to cut potatoes?"

"T-These are sweet potatoes. I-I just wanted to make some for us, since we're working hard.."Yoona confessed. "I thought it would cook better if I cut it.."

"That's really sweet, Yoong. You're such a thoughtful girl."I chuckled a bit and pet her head. "I'll show you how to bake sweet potatoes okay??"

"Ne unnie."Yoona nodded, her eyes brightening a bit.

"First, you'll need to preheat the oven to 400 degrees."And just as I gave her direction, she was following along obediently. "Then you'll need to cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Take the sweet potatoes and pierce their skin with a fork all over."

"Like this unnie?"She asked while showing me what she was doing.

"It doesn't have to be deep like that."I shook my head and placed my hand on hers, showing her how light she can stab the fork in. "That should be enough." She nodded with a red face before doing that to the rest of the sweet potatoes.

I waited till she was done before moving on. "Take them and place in the oven for about 45- 60 minutes. After that you just wait for them to be done and I'll help you with the rest."

"Ne unnie."Yoona pulled her phone out, probably too set her alarm. She took the sweet potatoes and placed them in the oven that had been heating for a while. When they were in, Yoona started her waiting time and turned towards me with a large grin. "Thank you for the help Hyoyeonnie~~" she sung happily.

"Unnie, I have the plastic bag."Seohyun called out for my attention. I hurry over to her and take the plastic.

"Okay, I'll take care of the rest for the bulgolgi. It'll be two hours before we can grill it though so can you time it??"I looked to Seohyun who in turn nodded in agreement. "Also, bring the sausages, burgers and steak out already to the grilling station in the back. Yoong, help her by bringing out the utensils and the hamburger buns."