Chapter 46

No one's POV
11:56 AM

"And so... we are back to this place..."Hyoyeon muttered quietly to herself as Xiumin drives closer and closer to their hideout. "Listen, can you just... I know you're not that bad, couldn't you just turn yourself in?? Turn them in??"She looked to the younger boy with a weary expression. "You wouldn't be punished as badly as those who have actually killed, y'know?? You could just do your time and then start new..."

Xiumin pulled his car to the side before turning to look at Hyoyeon with a weird expression. "What's wrong with you?? All of a sudden you speak out like this.. did something happen while you were in the restroom? A realization of some sorts while sitting on the toilet."

"Something like that... I was just thinking, you're not really a bad kid. I know you know that too... So why do you continue to stick with them??"

"I guess it's because i've stuck to them most of my childhood? All of us were abandoned at a young age by our parents, but we found each other and protected one another. After all those years of living like that, I guess it's hard to turn your back on people who are like family to you y'know?"

"I know what you mean, but still..."Hyoyeon frowned. "The man you're working for now, we both know he's dangerous. You know it, right?"

"I-I-- of course, but--"

"You can still run away..."

"You said it yourself, noona. He's dangerous, even if I did try to run, he'd find a way to kill me."

"I'll distract him, you can go to the police and turn yourself in."Hyoyeon offered. "Don't try to run, running away will get you no where, trust me. Do your time and then live your life after that..."

"Why are you being like this all of a sudden?.."

"...."Hyoyeon leaned back in her seat, sighing heavily. "Have you ever been in love before....? It really changes your opinion on things...."

"Is it Jessica-noona and Tiffany-noona...?"Xiumin leaned forward, resting his chin on the steering wheel. "Did you really love them..?

"It's not just them... well, of course I love them a lot, but I love everyone else too... Jesshika, Tippani, Sunny, Seohyun, Sooyoung, Yuri, Yoona... even Taeyeon and those girls from TWICE. I love all of them, they made me realize that there's still a bit of good in my heart that I can preserve.."

"Noona... you know I can't just run away like that..."Xiumin shook his head. "Your friends are already making a plan, aren't they? To turn everyone in.. I'll wait for that to happen, who knows what'll happen to you if I leave you alone.."

"How did you know that?"

"I'm not stupid, Hyoyeon. I saw Jessica-noona and Tiffany-noona following us. It wasn't that hard to see, the two of them aren't good at stalking people."Xiumin chuckled to himself, "And there is no way you'd get that lipstick on your ear, everyone knows that's not where it goes."

"Okay... you caught me... you knew they were with me yet you still did nothing about it?"

"What did you want me to do? Call Seunghyun-hyung and rat you out? Kill you and the other two on the spot? I'm not Kris."