1.

Mark's POV

Buzz buzz

Buzz buzz

I rolled over, grabbing my phone off my nightstand. 2 message notifications from Sean.

Jack <3

Hey you awake?

We need to talk.

At 3 in the morning?

Look, Mark, I've been thinking and...

It's nothing personal I just think we should see other people.

My heart stopped. I wanted to scream. I wanted throw my phone at the wall in a fit of rage, cursing his name. But I couldn't.

All I could do was cry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mister Fischbach? Mister Fischbach!" I sat up quickly in my seat, returning my attention to Mr. Nicely,  my geometry teacher.

"Please see me after class." Shit.

The bell rang shortly afterwards, and I gathered up my things. I slowly trudged over to Mr. Nicely's desk. He looked me up and down before speaking.

"Are you feeling alright? I know sometimes we as people just have bad days, but you seem completely out of it." I swallowed the lump in my throat, letting the first lie of the day slip past my lips.

"Of course. I'm just a little tired. I had a, um, late night last night, that's all." My voice came out croaky. Mr. Nicely nodded.

"Okay, well try and get some sleep tonight. And if there's anything you need, remember there are people you can talk to." With that he dismissed me and I continued to my locker.

"Sup Mark." I turned to see Tyler, my best friend, walking up to me. "Heard about Jackaboy dumping you." He clapped his hand on my shoulder.

"Sorry to hear about that man." I sighed.

"Yeah it just seemed so sudden. I thought we were fine." Tyler looked at me.

"You know he's already got another guy..." I stopped in my tracks. "W-what?"

Tyler nodded. "That new kid, Felix." Tyler stared at me as I retrieved what I needed for my next class from my locker. I could feel the pity in his gaze. I turned to him.

"Well, class is about to start. I'll see you later." Tyler said, breaking the silence. I forced a smile. "Yeah, I'll see you at lunch." I briskly walked to my next class, barely beating the bell.

I sat down quickly in my seat, waiting for language arts to begin. I tapped my pencil on my desk repeatedly, looking around anxiously. The teacher walked in. Class began promptly and we took notes for most of the period. Boring teacher, boring class, boring everything.

"Your homework is to write a 1,000 word paper, relating to the topic of friendships." The class groaned. "But there is a twist." the teacher added, a gleam in her eye. "I've partnered you all up, with someone you may or may not already know. You and your partner must work together to write this paper. However you choose to do so is up to you. Your assignment is due by the end of the month."

Interesting, I thought. I listened closely as she began reading off names, people raising their hands as they were called so they could locate their partner.

"Mr. Fischbach and Mr. Nestor." I raised my hand, looking around for my partner. I spotted him towards the back. I stood and walked towards him. His hair was dyed bright blue, his eyes a stunning mix of green and blue. He was adorable.

I cleared my throat before speaking. "Hey, I'm Mark." I held out my hand. "Ethan." He smiled, shaking my hand and sending a small shock through me.

Hm.

"So, should we exchange numbers so we can talk later?" He asked. I nodded, pulling my phone out of my pocket. He did the same. I entered my number into his contacts, putting the name as Markiplier. He smiled at that.

The bell rang and we said goodbye for the moment. "Talk later." He grinned shyly before making his way down the hall. I stared at him for a moment before starting in the other direction.