15.

Ethan's POV

I walked out of first period with a huge smile on my face.

It was only Tuesday but I was already having a great week. None of my teachers had assigned any homework, I'd already begun to be friends with Bob and Wade, and Delilah and I had a lot of time just to goof off and do stupid shit.

What more could you ask for?

"Hey Mark!" I shouted in the hallway, running to catch up with him. He glanced down at me and smiled. "Hey Ethan." He responded.

"Have you thought of anything we could do for our language arts project?" I asked. He kept his eyes forward while saying, "Not really. I didn't do much last night, just played games."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So anyway, what do you guys like to do in your free time?" I asked Bob and Wade at lunch. "Play video games mostly." Wade answered. Bob nodded.

Mark had been pretty quiet today but I figured he had just stayed up too late playing games. I know I've done that before.

"What games?" I asked. I glanced over at Mark. He was staring at his lap and it didn't look like he had eaten much of his lunch.

"Pretty much any game." Bob said.

I nudged Mark. "Are you okay?" His head jerked up. "Yeah I'm fine."

He looked tired. His eyes were bloodshot and he looked unaware of everything that was being said or done at the table.

I thought for a minute before realizing that earlier in the hall when he smiled it was sad and forced. He had had the same look in his eyes too.

Something was wrong.