36.

Mark's POV

The sound of the key turning to unlock our new home was hands down the most satisfying thing I'd ever hear. Except maybe Ethan whispering "I love you" in my ear every night when we go to bed.

All three of us squealed with joy as we ran through each hall and each room of the apartment. I even heard a loud "fuck yeah!" from the bathroom when Delilah realized she'd have one all to herself. Ethan couldn't stop smiling, and neither could I.

Since Kristen was in jail, I figured it was up to me what happened to her furniture. It's not stealing if the owner's a homophobic bitch, it's karma.

My newly repaired friendship with Sean turned out very useful. He, Bob, Wade, and Tyler all helped us move the furniture in and set it in place. Afterwards we ordered Chinese take out and talked, and laughed, and over all just had a good time.

After they had left, we started unpacking our things. Delilah insisted that she was joking when she'd called the big bedroom, but Ethan and I just laughed and shook our heads. She could have it. Ethan and I wouldn't need a huge room, we'd be sleeping pretty close together.

That night was total bliss, like nothing I'd ever felt before. It was the equivalent of feeling warm sunshine on my skin after hours of being cold.

Delilah went to bed at around 10:30, and Ethan and I followed shortly after. We wished her goodnight and went to our bedroom to settle down in bed.

"Our bedroom." God that sounds perfect, even more so now that it's reality.

I changed into my pajamas and Ethan did the same. We crawled into bed. He was the first one move; he scooted closer to me and draped his arm over my waist while positioning his head next to my heart. "Your heart beat is surprisingly relaxing," he giggled.

I turned towards him so that we were facing each other and wrapped my arms around him. I pulled him as close to me as possible and kissed the top of his head. He leaned up slightly and whispered in my ear.

"I love you."

I grinned. "I love you too."

I glanced at one of the few things we had managed to get set up in our bedroom. A clock.

"Ethan," I cooed. "Guess what time it is." I could feel the warmth of his smile against my chest.

"Eleven eleven?" I nodded, kissing his head again.

"I wish that we'll always be together." Ethan nodded.

"No need to wish," he murmured. "We will be."

That night was the first night I'd gone to sleep that happy.