25.

Mark's POV

"Hey Mark what color do you think Ethan's eyes are?" Delilah asked from where she sat on Ethan's desk, licking the last bit of strawberry ice cream off her spoon.

"I'm not sure. Some days they look green, some days they look blue." I told her, looking up from my bowl of chocolate ice cream. She nodded.

"But sometimes they look hazel too. That's why I was asking." She shrugged.

I turned to look at Ethan. He was staring intensely at Delilah while blushing profusely.

What color are his eyes?

"Hey Ethan, look at me for a second." He turned to me with wide eyes, his face getting redder than I thought possible. I leaned in a little to where our noses were almost touching.

"They look blue right now." I turned back to Delilah, a small smirk playing on her lips as she nodded.

Ethan's POV

Fuck Delilah, fuck the universe, fuck blushing, fuck my eye color, and most of all fuck me.

I see you smirking over there Delilah. I'm going to have a talk with you later.

After Mark had moved away from my face I kept my eyes glued to what was left of my ice cream. My face hadn't cooled off yet, and so far neither had my thoughts.

What if you had kissed him?

What if he had kissed you?

He was right there.

It could've happened!

"Ethan?" Delilah's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see that she was holding her and Mark's bowls. "You finished?" She asked innocently. I nodded and handed her my bowl.

She walked downstairs to the kitchen, leaving me alone with Mark.

"What color do you think your eyes are?" Mark asked, breaking the brief silence.

"Ummm I don't know." I replied, looking away shyly. I could still feel Mark's eyes on me when Delilah came back and suggested we watch another movie.

"Wait, you do realize it's almost one a.m. right?" Mark pointed out. Delilah and I looked at each other, then back at Mark.

"So?"