19.

Mark's POV

Dark sauntered toward the edge of my bed menacingly. I pushed myself back on my bed until I was pressed against the wall.

"Man it is good to be back!" He grinned, his fangs showing as he did.

"W-why? H-how? W-when?" I could hear my voice shaking with fear as I asked. Dark looked hurt in response to my questions.

"I thought you and I knew each other well enough that you would've figured that out already." His face twisted into a pout while my stomach twisted into knots. "When? I started to resurface after Jack dumped us. How? You became weak. I saw my chance to return and took it." He was silent for a moment.

"Why?" he snarled, inching closer to me. "You need me. You need your...releases." He smirked.

I felt a sharp pain on my wrists and looked down to see long, deep cuts in my arm.

"N-NO!"

I sat up in my bed, drenched in sweat, tears streaming down my face.

"It was a dream." I whispered to myself. I looked at the clock. 4 in the morning.

I grabbed my pillow to my chest and continued to cry.

You're alone.

I heard Dark's voice echo through my mind.

You're unloved.

"That's not true!" I choked out. I glanced at my phone and decided to make a call.

Surprisingly, she picked up after the first few rings.

"What the hell Mark it's four in the morning!"

"I know Amy, I know. But I had a really bad dream and...I'm depressed." I said quietly. The line was silent for a moment.

"You're...depressed?" She asked. "Yes." I sighed, feeling more tears start to prick my eyes.

"Look, Mark, I'm not ready to deal with anything like that. I'm no therapist!"

"W-what are you saying?" My voice was shaking now.

"I don't think it's going to work out between us. Goodbye."

I sat in silence for what felt like hours after she hung up.

I didn't feel sad exactly, I didn't really like her that much now that I was being honest with myself. Still, that didn't stop more tears from coming.