9.

Mark's POV

I woke up to the sun poking through the blinds of my window. I yawned, stretching my arms. I opened my eyes slowly and smiled at the small figure with their head on my shoulder.

Wait what?

A blush immediately crept up to my face. Ethan and I had fallen asleep at some point last night and had ended up like this.

What do we do know?

Do I move and risk waking him up?

Or stay still and hope no one walks in on us like this?

Oh shit.

Kristen.

I closed my eyes and prayed she wouldn't find us. I'd be grounded for months.

Or worse.

I rolled over slightly and nudged Ethan with my shoulder. "Ethan. Ethan wake up." I said softly. My words came out gravelly. I must've slept hard.

Ethan's eyes fluttered open. "Hmm?" When his eyes had opened all the way and he noticed what position we were in his face turned bright red.

"Umm...good morning." He said, quickly pushing himself away from me. "Good morning." I replied awkwardly. The room went silent, neither of us looking at the other.

"So," Ethan began, "how did you sleep?" I looked over at him. We both started laughing. "Uh...actually pretty well."

First time I've slept that well since Sean...

"Honestly that's the first time I've fallen asleep that easily in a while." Ethan said, tearing me out of my thoughts. "I'm actually beginning to wonder if I have insomnia or something. It usually takes me hours to fall asleep." He chuckled, shaking his head.

I smiled a little.

Then I remembered Kristen.

I got up and looked out the window. Her car wasn't in the driveway and since she never comes here with her one night stands, she probably wasn't home.

"Hey I'm gonna run to the little boy's room." I told Ethan. Checking to make sure the house was empty couldn't hurt.

I stalked the halls silently and peered into every room. Kristen wasn't there. Even downstairs, she wasn't passed out on the couch like she usually is.

I strode back up the stairs and into my room. "Hey do you wanna go to the park? We can drop off my school things at the home on the way and we can get some breakfast." Ethan suggested. I smiled.

"Sounds great! Just let me change really quick." I turned to grab my clothes when I stopped. I turned to face Ethan. "Um, do you want to borrow some of my clothes?" I asked awkwardly. He blushed.

"Oh no. That's okay. I'll change when we go to drop my stuff off." He rushed through his words.

Well, that was kind of a weird question...

I nodded. I grabbed some jeans and a t-shirt and changed. I quickly fixed my hair and brushed my teeth before returning to my room. "Ready?" I asked. "Mm hm." Ethan hummed in reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ethan's POV

I went up the stairs of the home, opening my bedroom door to see Delilah sitting on my bed. She was staring at me with a mischievous look. I gulped.

"No, I didn't come home last night. Yes, I'm still a virgin." I muttered. Delilah laughed. "I think I saw Mr. Mark outside. Can I meet him?" She asked excitedly. I nodded. "Just let me get changed first."

While I got dressed I spilled and told Delilah everything. Mark saying he'll help, my revelation that I like him, and this morning. She only smirked.

"I fucking told you!" She yelled when I finished. I rolled my eyes. "Well, how do I look?" I turned around, presenting my outfit. Not that it was very fancy.

Delilah made a face and pretended she was internally debating. "I dunno, it seems a little causal for a first date." I scowled at her. "Come on, lets go let you meet Mark." I motioned Delilah to follow me.

We walked out and Delilah immediately ran to Mark. "Hello Sir! I'm the Doctor. Just the Doctor. Nothing else." She rambled on for a minute before I finally stopped her.

"Mark, this is my best female friend, Delilah. She's a nerd." Delilah stopped talking and stood still. "Hi." She smiled. Mark broke into a grin. "Hello. I'm Mark." Delilah smirked.

"I know."