4.

Mark's POV

Ethan

Hey

WTF man it's like 2 am

I don't really get tired

And besides you answered fairly quickly to have been asleep :)

That's fair

How's life?

Life's okay

Same

Want to sit together again tomorrow?

I can't I told my friend Tyler I'd sit with them

Oh okay :(

Maybe on Thursday?

Is today Wednesday?

Yeah

Then yes

I rolled over to stare at the ceiling. The only light came from passing cars.

Why were they driving this early? Don't they know they could get hurt? Where are they going that it couldn't wait until daylight? Don't they feel tired?

I closed my eyes. My head was starting to hurt again.

What is wrong with me?

I bit my lip, hoping the pain would go away. My head pounded, slow at first, then hard and fast. I squeezed my eyes shut.

When I forced them open again, my room was lit with the soft glow of the sun and my alarm was going off. Morning.

I rolled out of bed slowly, thinking of the headache from last night and not wanting to repeat it. I got dressed quickly and went downstairs, grabbing what I needed for school. I walked to the kitchen and stopped. I wasn't hungry.

But you need to eat.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

It's not healthy to skip meals.

I decided to grab an apple and put it in my bag.

Maybe you'll be hungry later

I packed my lunch and headed towards the door. Kristen was no where in sight.

Thank god.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat in Mr. Nicely's class, staring at the board. The letters and numbers seemed to blur together, Mr. Nicely's words going in one ear and out the other. I wasn't getting a thing. I looked down at my notebook, open to a blank page. Were we supposed to be taking notes?

Don't stress yourself, you can get them from a friend.

The bell rang, causing me to jump. My head pulsed faintly, the pain starting to poke through again.

Students poured out of the room, me following suit. The banging of lockers and the loud chatter surrounding me did nothing to help my head. I began to wonder if I could get an aspirin or something from the nurse's office.

"Mark!" I turned around to see Ethan walking towards me. I was happy to see him, but my face wouldn't let me show it.

Stupid face.

"Hey." I said softly, letting him catch up. He frowned. "Are you okay?" He asked.

No one's asked that in a while...

I took a deep breath. "I'm fine." I lied.