17.

Ethan's POV

Wednesday was okay. Mark seemed to be a little better, tired, but better. He actually ate some of his lunch and talked more than yesterday.

Unfortunately, we were swamped with homework.

I sat at my desk and stared at the pile of papers in front of me. Delilah was at a friend's house so she couldn't even try to help me, and everyone in the home was busy with something or other.

I glanced at my phone.

"I'm not going to let you fail."

I picked up my phone and called Mark. He picked almost immediately.

"Hey Mark! Uh, remember when you said you would help me with school?" I asked, biting my lip.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I've got a huge pile of homework in front of me and I need a lot of help." I chuckled nervously. The line was quiet for a moment.

"I'm free right now. Is it okay if I come over?" I smiled.

"Y-yeah! That'd be great! Thanks Mark!"

"Anytime. I'll be over in a few." With that he hung up.

Mark's POV

Ethan really did have a lot of homework. He practically had a packet in every subject!

"I think I get it now." He said after I explained how to graph a parabola.

We'd been working for a few hours now and it was almost 5 o clock. The huge pile of homework was nearly complete when my stomach started growling.

"You hungry?" Ethan asked, still working on finding the vertex of his last parabola of the night. I was silent for a moment.

You need to eat.

"A little." I answered after a moment. "I have Cheese itz in a box in my closet. Help yourself!" He pointed over to where his closet was.

I calmly grabbed the box from the closet and sat down before ripping it open and stuffing my mouth. Ethan laughed.

"Gee I'm glad I asked you when I did! Other wise you might of eaten my homework!" I smirked a little bit.

"Yeah, well, I'm low on food right now and haven't had the chance to go to the store." I lied.

"Now then," Ethan started, putting his homework in his backpack, "do you wanna watch a movie or something?"