18.

Mark's POV

I heard a door slam and loud footsteps.

Kristen.

She's going to kill you.

You know it.

"Mark? Are you okay?" I felt Ethan's hand on my arm and realized I was still at the home. Kristen couldn't get me right now. I blinked a few times before nodding.

"I'm okay." He didn't seem convinced, but I gave him a small smile anyway.

"I'm back bitches!" A teenage girl stood in the doorway, her green eyes bright and confident. She was smiling at Ethan specifically, before shifting her gaze to me.

"Hey, you're Mark. What are you doing here?" She asked, tilting her head slightly.

"Helping me with homework. What are you doing here?" Ethan asked. "I thought you were at your friend's house." She looked back at him and shrugged.

"She forgot she had an exam tomorrow. She thought today was Tuesday." She chuckled, shaking her head. She looked back at me.

"Thanks for helping Ethan while I was gone." She smiled. It clicked.

"You're Delilah, right?" I asked. She nodded. "The one and only." She smirked. "Now then, I don't know what you guys were doing but may I join? Wednesday nights are always boring to me." She explained, rolling her eyes. Ethan and I looked at each other and smiled. "Of course!"

~~~~~~~~~~

Delilah, Ethan, and I played games until around 7. By then I was getting kind of tired and told them I should get home. They understood and I was back in my room before I knew it.

I didn't want to leave exactly, in fact they probably would've let me stay with them for the night, but I didn't want to find out what would happen if Kristen came home and I wasn't here.

Maybe I should've stayed at the home.

Kristen came home in drunk fury again, and I received another beating, but this one was worse. She made sure to hit the exact same spots as the last time.

I stood in front of my bathroom mirror. My bruises looked horrible, their colors varying from purple to blue. I wanted to puke. I could feel a build up in my throat.

It ended up being a small sob. I collapsed against the wall behind me. I made sure the door was locked before I put my head in my hands. I didn't feel any tears, but the sobs continued to come.

I hadn't done anything wrong.

Why was she doing this to me?

I want...

I want...

I want...

I don't know what I wanted. To slam my head against the wall? To cut? To die?

I sat up and ran a hand through my hair before gaining enough courage to bolt back to my room. I locked the door and gave out on my bed. I closed my eyes and finally felt the tears come.

"Hello, Mark." I heard someone chuckle. It was a man, I could tell by the way his voice sounded. It was coarse and sounded sinister.

But, I was alone in my room, wasn't I?

"Come on, don't tell me you didn't notice me come back?"

I sat up and gasped when I saw him.

Dark.

He grinned evilly. "I'm back, baby!"