10.

Ethan's POV

Mark and I walked side-by-side on the sidewalk. He was talking about Resident Evil 7 and comparing it to the other Resident Evils and other games it reminded him of. I listened fondly, enjoying the sound of his voice, when my stomach grumbled.

"Hey Mark, wanna get some food somewhere?" I asked, looking up to meet the taller male's eye. Mark nodded, staring off into space.

"I think there's a cafe nearby. They've got donuts and coffee and stuff like that. I think it's called a Spoonful of Sugar or something." He said thoughtfully. I pulled out my phone and looked it up.

"It's got four and a half stars, if that means anything to you." I mentioned. "The map says it's just down the street."

We walked for a few more minutes before finding the lightly blue painted building on the street corner. When we entered we were immediately greeted by the smells of fresh coffee, dough, cinnamon, and other goodies.

"Next!" The barista called out. Mark and I stepped forward. I ordered a small coffee and a cinnamon roll while Mark ordered a large coffee and a pumpkin muffin. When Mark pulled out his wallet, I had to stop him.

"I got it." Mark looked at me. "You sure?" I nodded, pulling out the money. "It's the least I can do."

Plus it is your first date with him.

Shut up, Delilah. Now's not the time.

We sat down by the window and waited for our coffees. We talked about my classes (mostly because Mark said he wanted to help as much as he could) and where I needed the most help.

"Large coffee for Mark!" Mark stood up and retrieved his coffee. He looked at the side of it and smiled. "What is it?" I asked. He turned his cup.

There was a small heart instead of an "a" in his name, and a number was written underneath it. "Call me ;)" in black ink.

I felt my heart clench, but I forced a smile.

"The blonde?" I asked. He nodded, looking over at the girl with the dark brown eyes. She smiled and went back to work.

"You going to do it?" I asked after a moment. "Call her, I mean." Mark sat down across from me, still beaming, and nodded.