22.

Mark's POV

Friday. I just had to make it through today and then I'd get to go home and get ready to stay with Ethan and Delilah.

Dark had been quiet all night and all morning, and I actually managed to eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast. So far today seemed okay.

I couldn't stop thinking about Ethan and I holding hands. It was getting kind of frustrating to be honest. At any moment I would zone out and find myself thinking about how soft his skin felt...

"Mr. Fischbach!" I bolted up in my seat.

"Sorry Mr. Nicely." I said quickly. The bell rang soon after and I quickly joined Ethan  on the way to language arts.

"So," I began, "have you thought anymore about our project?" Ethan shook his head. "Yeah me neither." I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So what movies do you think you wanna watch tomorrow night?" Ethan asked.

We were sitting under the tree again because we wanted to eat lunch alone today. It was nice, quiet, and comfortable. I was beginning to see why Ethan liked sitting here so much.

"I don't know. I kind of want to see that movie Life, but it hasn't come out yet." I said. Ethan looked at me.

"Really? I didn't think you were a horror movie kind of guy." He said. I smiled.

"I really like space." Ethan nodded.

We were silent for a moment.

"By the way, are you still okay?" Ethan asked suddenly. I turned to look at him but he was staring at the ground.

Tell him!

Don't you dare.

I should tell him.

He'll abandon you.

He can help!

My mind raced, Dark's voice telling me to keep quiet. I bit my lip.

"Yeah. I'm okay." I whispered, smiling weakly.

"Are you okay?" I asked suddenly. I don't even know why I asked.

"Honestly, I don't know." I bolted up and stared at him. "I've been having trouble falling asleep lately. And even when I do fall asleep I wake up in the middle of the night a lot." He shrugged. "It's probably nothing, but still."

I nodded, keeping a blank face.

But inside?

Inside I felt worried about the boy in front of me.

And I didn't know why.