11.

Mark's POV

I laid in my bed happily, staring at my phone. I had texted Amy earlier while Ethan gave me advice on what to say. She seemed to like me. Maybe this will turn out well for once.

We had spent the past half hour getting to know each other and she seemed amazing. I decided to text Ethan to thank him.

Ethan

Hey

What's up?

I wanted to say thanks!

For what?

You helping me with Amy :D

Oh yeah

That

No problem

I closed my eyes and sighed. My luck was turning around.

Ethan's POV

"It wasn't a big crush anyway." I tried to convince Delilah. She just shook her head. "It obviously wasn't. Otherwise you wouldn't be upset about this Amy person." She sighed. "You shouldn't've helped him."

"Maybe not, but I'm his best friend."

I think.

"Isn't it my duty to help him?" I asked. Delilah only stared at me. I groaned and flopped face-first onto the bed. I felt a hand on my back start rubbing circles.

"There, there. It's okay." I heard Delilah say. I squeezed my eyes shut.

Do I have the right to be sad?

I rolled over. "Oh, Ethan..." Delilah whispered. I sat up. "What?"

Before I knew what was happening, Delilah had pulled me into a tight hug. I sat still for a minute before resting my head on her shoulder and hugging her back.

That's when I realized it. I was shaking uncontrollably in small bursts. Large, hot tears were water falling down my face. I was sobbing into Delilah's shoulder, and over what?

A guy I had a crush on?

For only a day?

I pulled away from Delilah, one of her hands still on my shoulder. I took a few deep breaths and forced myself to calm down.

"I shouldn't be so upset." I chucked dryly. Delilah stared at me. "It's not a big deal. Really." I lied, more to myself than to her.

"Look," Delilah said softly, "I know you're new to whole love thing, shit, I'm no expert either, but if you and Mark are supposed to be together, it will end up so. You have to have faith." I smiled.

"Since when are you faithful?" I asked.  Delilah rolled her eyes. "I'm not, but it sounded movie-like, did it not?" She replied. I nodded.

"Plus, I had a lot of time to kill today so I was looking into Greek mythology and I learned about Elpis, the spirit of hope. Apparently she was the butterfly type thing that came out of Pandora's box after the evil mosquitos."

(A/N: That is 100% true. I looked it up on Wikipedia.)

"You nerd." I laughed. She smiled. "Think of it this way, there's always wishing wells and stuff like that." I was going to ask what she meant, but I already knew.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked at my clock. 11:10. Another sleepless night with Ethan.

It's almost 11:11.

I stared at the clock, willing it to change.

11:11

I closed my eyes.

I wish I could get over Mark.