*screeching in confused joy*

I HAVE TO GET BRACES

...yay...?

I honestly am not against braces. I kinda like them actually. I had them once before when I was much littler, but only on my top front four teeth because those four teeth were REALLY bad.

I also had the worst thing known to mankind, an under bite. An under bite is where your row of bottom teeth stick out in front of your top ones naturally. Mine was so bad I physically could not put my bottom teeth behind my top ones. So I got this thing called a 'wedge' which is a piece of really strong plastic that forces your bottom teeth backwards. It doesn't hurt, and fixed my under bite in like a few months.

I had to get a pallet expand-er, which if you've never had one....

it sucks a lot. Basically it's a piece of metal that kind of looks like a spider. You can have one if the bottom of your mouth, but mine was in the top. It goes on the inside of your teeth, and what it does is basically every night you crank it a few times, and it expands your mouth out. 

And it hurts, because it's literally pushing your teeth outward, toward your cheeks. At least they do it at night, so you're asleep when the worst of it happens. But if you wake up in the middle of the night, your mouth really hurts.

So, luckily for me, I won't have to deal with any of that anymore.

One thing that surprises me is I've actually been told on a couple different occasions how pretty and straight my teeth are.

One of my canine teeth is twisted to the side slightly, and sticking forward a bit, so that's why I want braces is to fix that.

I don't know when I'm going to get them, but it will definitely be in 2017, probably early.

There's only two reasons I'm not like 100% excited.

The first one is obvious; some of the kids at my school are mean. my friends most likely will not even care at all. But... I can't say that for everyone...

The second reason is.... I have to use the bands.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bands. As in, the rubber bands they wrap around the brackets on your top teeth to connect them to your bottom teeth.

One of my cousins who I'm really close to had bands, and one of them snapped inside her mouth, and left her with a huge mark, because one side snapped so it like...

Let me explain, you know when you wrap a rubber band around to fingers, and stretch so you can fling it across the room, right? Okay, so imagine your doing that, but when you let it go, it smacks into your hand really fast and hurts really bad.

Essentially, that happened inside of my cousin's mouth. And it was really bad. Sh had to get her bands replaces with like springs, which were even worse, because she stretched the spring out when her mouth opened, and then the inside of her cheek would get caught inside the spring....

I really don't want any of that to happen to me.