Chapter 5

Chapter 5 is here it’s pretty good…

Please comment positive things because it’s my first fanfic.

I do not own any of the Marvel characters only my OCs.

 I didn't feel like reading my book, because I was getting towards the end of the last chapter and I hated endings. I got up and walked onto the balcony, observing New York. After two minutes or so I came back inside, having gotten myself a simple drink of water with ice, and Loki one too.

'Thank you.' He replied noticing the ice-cold drink sitting on the table.

'No problem.' I said, happily knowing I had done a good deed.

I opened up the book again, and whether he noticed or not, I glanced at Loki.

He sat there just reading, I thought. As if he didn’t have a care in the world. He was someone who had tried to destroy a whole race which must have scarred him for life. Let's not forget New York, either. As Doctor Bruce Banner put it- his head was a bag full of cats.- Did he even realise what he had attempted to do?

‘Yes, I did realise’. He said.

‘Hey,’ I said. ‘You don't read my mind, I don't read yours'.

He smirked, his eyes still concealed in the book.I put my book down, carefully and faced him.

‘Loki.’

‘Yes,  Loti.’

‘Thor told me about it, but what were you thinking at the time you tried to destroy Jotunheim?’

‘I wasn’t.’

I paused and looked at the ground, unsure of what to say next.

‘Oh, just asking.’

‘I know.’

He made it sound like he wasn’t bothered at all but I’m sure he was, he just didn’t want anyone to know he felt that way.  I should apologise I thought.

‘Sorry.’

‘For what’

‘For asking.’

'I know.' He was nice but he was a little crazy. Then I said-

‘Thanks Loki’

‘Was that sarcasm?’

‘Maybe,’ I replied, changing the subject. He smiled. I got up and turned the TV on and played on the StarkBox (yes, it's like an Xbox and yes, my dad names everything after himself).  Thor and Tora were still talking as they walked back into the room, Tora looked even nicer today because her long, golden hair was curled in its natural state and put in bun. My hair was naturally curly but not as controlled as hers, it was almost a short curly bob today.

She noticed that I was killing a huge troll on a game that was a lot like Lord of the Rings, on the StarkBox. She asked if she could play and I told her that it was a one-player game. The game also had no controller and you had to use either your hands or your body to play. Not just that but the game enabled you to design your own character; mine was an elf and I had designed it to look a lot like me.  She noticed my character was having trouble defeating the troll so she insisted and I sighed and budged over on the floor for her to kneel down on a red cushion she had taken from the leather sofa. She told me she had defeated the troll loads of times and I just nodded letting her take control.

She changed to her own character, I thought hers was quite boring, it didn't have any special abilities; it was only immortal. That didn't matter though because she was better than me anyway.