Fill-in Chapter

Okay, so everyone remembers chapter 7 right? Loti wants to know why the tesseract is still on earth and I never told you what Tony said, well, here it is. A quick fill-in chapter to explain >>>

'Well you see, there is no simple way to put this.'  He said, his eyes now averted on me, whatever he had to say it wasn't good news, I could tell by the chill in his voice and the truth in his wide eyes as he looked down at me.

'Loti,' he began and breathed out as if he had breathed out all his anger. 'It couldn't have been taken to Asgard because the Bifrost isn't fixed yet,' his tone lightened as his facial features relaxed. He strolled over to the tesseract in the silver briefcase and shut the lid, firmly. 

'Dad,' I began.

'No more questions.' His voice gnarled at me, but at the same time was at ease. He brought his hand to his brow and wiped it across his face in an exhausted manner. He turned back around to face me then he.................. smiled? a weak smile. 'I'm sorry.'

I knew what my Dad could be like, he had to deal with the stress of having a family and being Iron Man (and also one of the most famous people alive which meant paparazzi 24/7, not that he didn't love being the centre of attention). Not to mention me spying on him, which I knew was wrong the second I did it.

'I should have known you knew about the tesseract, knowing you Loti,' I smiled. 'and Mark XI is a complete wreck-.' He could have gone on for hours until I pulled him into a hug.

'And I'm sorry for overreacting, I was just worried you might be mad at me and sorry for spying on you in the first place.' I said, my voice slightly muffled in his embrace. He pulled me out of the huge hug and asked gleefully that help him with his suits, after sternly saying never to spy on him again.

'I think you have spent long enough on them, and Mum doesn't like you being 'unsociable'.' I said, although I did want to help him. 'and dinner should be ready by now.' I added, checking my watch.

'Excuse me?' He said, after picking up various components, scattered all over the place before turning to me. 'I'm Iron Man.'

'That is the most pathetic excuse ever.' I droled, turning to look around, and pick up a spanner.

'Hey Charlotte, think fast!' He stated before grabbing a dirty cloth (he still uses, even though it's filthy) and throwing it at me.

I caught with my left hand. I raised my right one with the spanner in, gesturing that I was going to throw it.

'Go on,' He encouraged. 'I dare you.' 

He had one hand behind his back which he lifted up, mimicking my spanner threat. His hand had part of the Iron Man suit on it, to protect him.

I hesitated, but eventually gave in and had seen Tora do it loads of times, now was my chance. As accurately as I could I aimed at the Iron Man had and threw the spanner.

He spun around and just as the metal spanner was about 2 feet away, he zapped it with the Iron hands' repulsor in its palm.

'Wow.' I said out of relief that he wasn't hurt, and also the fact that that was just amazing!

Tony grinned and twitched his Iron hand, impressed by its newly fitted repulsor.

'Jarvis,' He said, changing the subject. Jarvis replied with a cheesy 'yes sir'. 'AC/DC, Shoot to Thrill.'

'Nice choice.' I said after Jarvis started playing the song. It was one of my favourites.

'I try.' Tony said sarcastically and shrugged.

We then fixed his Stealth Armor in record timing. After finishing we went to get dinner, even though it was now cold, but we couldn't be bothered to heat it up. We went back to Dad's workplace and ate sat crosslegged on the black marble floor. It seemed like we had talked for hours.

'One more week until we go to London.' He said, bringing up the subject. 'You excited?'

'Of course!' 

He laughed.

I don't think I could ever ask for a better Dad.