sept.

Thank you for 1k !
--
Jungkook groaned softly as he woke up, his joints cracking as he sat up in bed. The sunlight filtered through the blinds that covered his window, creating sharp shadows behind much of his possessions. He sighed softly, bringing his hand down to ghost over the blistered wounds on his hips.

Last night.

He couldn't even remember what struck him so hard, but he couldn't bring himself to move his hand away, although he had worries that he would injure himself too badly. It was like his mind abandoned him for a moment, the flames engulfing all of his better judgment as he watched his skin blister. He doesn't even remember the pain of it, but he remembered the tears.

And you'd think, that after a night like that it would take him awhile before he was willing to subject himself to pain like that once more. But when he looked over to his bedside table as saw his lighter resting on the surface, it felt like it was taunting him.

Jungkook's fingers twitched, his teeth sinking into his bottom lip as he stared at the object.

Should he?

He could basically feel his skin tingle with anticipation. His mind was in a frenzy; half of it saying 'go for it Jungkook!' and the other half yelling 'Don't be stupid. You've done enough damage.'

Jungkook couldn't bring himself to agree with half of the words that his brain was yelling at him, reaching towards his nightstand and taking the lighter into his grasp. It felt so familiar to have it there, so natural. He observed how most of the lighter fluid had been used up. He'd have to get a new one.

Jungkook shot a quick glance towards the door. He definitely didn't have as much time as he did last night, Taehyung had morning classes and a habit of not knocking before entering. He could walk in at any moment. Which was the reason Jungkook was opting for the skin of his abdomen instead of his thighs; it would be a lot easier to pull his shirt down quickly if Taehyung walked in unexpectedly.

He flicked the lighter a few times, the lack of lighter fluid causing it to take longer than usual for a flame to ignite.

He stared at the flame for a little while before lifting up the hem of the t-shirt he wore, carefully to to catch the fabric of shirt on fire. Jungkook gasped the moment the flame met his skin, he had never hurt himself on the skin of his stomach before, due to the fact that he had just become so much more accustomed to doing it elsewhere. His thighs were mostly scarred, so going over old patches of leathery, damaged skin didn't hurt so much.

But the fresh, unmarked skin of his stomach wasn't something that he was used to, and he had to move his hand away much sooner than he usually would. He gripped the lighter and closed his eyes, taking a few breaths before shaking his head.

Jungkook set his lighter back on his dresser before standing up. He winced slightly, but didn't let it bother him too much as he opened to door to his room and walked to the kitchen.

Although it was painful, Jungkook felt almost refreshed now that he had a new scar to add to his collection. It caused adrenaline to surge through his veins, energy shooting from his toes to his fingertips as soon as the lighter met his skin. It gave him a sort of high, one that he knew would be impossible to explain to anyone else.

"You're finally up. God, I was sure you just decided not to go to class today." Taehyung laughed as Jungkook walked in, the younger raising an eyebrow and running a hand through his messy hair.

"What do you mean?" He asked, his socks causing his feet to slip on the floor slightly as he leaned against the counter.

Taehyung shook his head, chuckling softly.