[ending #2]

--
Everything was white.

Jungkook coughed once, his entire body aching as he attempted to pry his eyes open. Everything hurt. His head pounded, his throat feeling dry and scratchy.

What happened? Where was he?

Where was Jimin?

Jungkook immediately shot up, against his better judgement. The feeling of something pulling at his arms had him wincing, as well as the pain in his stomach that nearly brought tears to his eyes. He had to stop himself from crying out in pain, taking in a shaky breath in to stabilize himself. It took a few moments for his vision to adjust to the bright lights, but once it did his blood ran cold as soon as he caught sight of his arms.

They were IVs without a doubt, and he was definitely in a hospital right now.

Where was Jimin?

"J-Jungkook?" He looked up, feeling tears well up in his eyes as he laid eyes on Taehyung standing in the doorway. "Jungkook!" Taehyung threw the bag that he was holding down onto the closet chair to him and raced over to his friend's side, tears already escaping his eyes by the time he got to the younger. "You're awake."

Taehyung cupped Jungkook's face with both of his hands, tears running down his cheeks as he pressed his forehead against the younger's. He could feel Taehyung's fingers tremble against his skin, the older's shoulders beginning shake with sobs the moment that Jungkook reached up slowly and rested his hand atop his.

"Hyung." Jungkook spoke softly, watching as Taehyung slowly moved away from him. "What did I do?" He paused. "Where's Jimin?"

"Yoongi's with Jimin a few doors down. As long as you're alright he will be too." Taehyung took a deep breath, taking hold of the younger's hand and being careful not to bump the IVs in his wrist. "He's going to get to go home in a few days."

Jungkook froze.

"I do too right?" He asked, frown deepening as Taehyung didn't answer right away. "Hyung?"

"You nearly killed yourself Jungkook." The older whispered. "You took half of your antidepressants in one sitting. I... I found you and Jimin and he was just trying so hard to keep you awake even though his body was ready to give up. I... I don't want to imagine what would've happened if I was just a few minutes too late."

Jungkook felt Taehyung's tears drip onto his hand, the older's words ringing in his ears and causing his body to feel numb. "...Your doctor felt that it would be best if you stayed here for a little while longer, that way they'll be in charge of your medication and you want have any more slip ups."

"I know how to take care of myself." Jungkook mumbled, eyes casted downwards and focusing on the slight tremble that Taehyung's hands still had.

"Jungkook, it's for Jimin's safety as well." The older sighed, giving Jungkook's hand a soft squeeze. "I know that you would never want to hurt him, but sometimes things happen that we don't want to." He sniffled softly. "Yoongi-Hyung and I will come visit you as soon as possible, and as soon as Jimin's recovered in sure that he will too."

"I just want to live a normal life, Hyung. I don't want to live in a hospital." A tear slid down his face. "I... I can't fall asleep on my own."

"It's not forever." Taehyung pressed a light kiss to Jungkook's forehead. "They're just going to try two weeks, and if you do well you'll be able to go home as soon as that."

"But I don't need it. I'm fine." Jungkook countered, Taehyung shaking his head immediately in response.

"Don't start with that again, because you know it's not true." He sighed. "Jungkook, it's going to weird for me not having to drag your ass out of bed, or finding you and Jimin passed out on our couch; but you need this. It's not for that long, you can do this."

"I know but-"

"Remember what I told you?" The older interrupted. "Recovery isn't going to be easy, but you're going to be so glad that you did it once you're done."

Jungkook sighed and nodded.

"Can I see Jimin?" He asked, Taehyung frowning and shaking his head.

"Not yet." He answered. "He's still recovering as well."

Jungkook frowned and nodded once again, before opening his mouth once more.

"Is he mad at me?" He asked, Taehyung shaking his head immediately and smiling sadly.

"I don't think he knows how to be mad at you." He answered, voice soft as he brushed a few pieces of hair out of Jungkook's eyes.

"Is that a good or a bad thing?" The younger whispered, looking up and finally catching Taehyung's gaze.

Taehyung sighed, and Jungkook could see the sadness that swam in his eyes.

"I'm not sure."

--
stay tuned for the epilogue 👀👀