Chapter 12

When Sam and Dean enter the living room, Macie is rewatching the first Trickster episode because we made her miss most of it. Instead of watching the episode I've seen a billion times, I watch their reactions as it progresses. There's a lot of laughs and glares, with the occasional "How were we ever that stupid?" thrown in there. Of course, seeing Bobby is a bit of a heartbreak to them, and it can't be fixed because though Jim Beaver is still alive, Bobby Singer doesn't exist in this world.
"Did any of this actually happen?" Sam asks when the episode is over.
"Yep," Gabriel replies, though he doesn't elaborate.
"Gabriel has done all this stuff and more," Mark tells them. He appeared partway through the episode, and never flickered away. "He's the best Trickster ever, 'specially cuz he never kills us when he tricks us."
"Well, I'd hope he never killed you," Dean says.
"You've met him. Not this him, but him. You know what he's capable of."
"And is there a difference?" Sam asks curiously. "Between the two Gabriels?"
When Gabriel just shrugs, Mark answers for him again.
"Yeah. The Gabriel in the show-or your life-is just one side of this one."
"So, to be clear, the Gabriel we know is still here?" Dean asks.
"Yes, but only sort of," Mark replies, clearly unsure how to phrase this without making them hate Gabriel. "The Gabriel you know is a small part of this Gabriel."
"This is weird," Dean says. "I need a beer. Anyone got one?"
When no one else steps up to the plate, it ends up being Lucifer who makes one for the hunter, handing him a drink the ceased to exist a few seconds ago.
"Because that's not weird," Dean mutters, taking a sip.
"Dude, it's, like, seven in the morning," Sam reminds him.
"The rules of when you can drink change when you switch dimensions," Dean replies.
"I don't think you switched dimensions," Jesse says. "It's more likely that you are Jensen, but with Dean's memories."
"What?"
"Basically, you're still this dimension you, but with my dimension you's memories."
"And how do you know that?" Dean asks.
"I don't, but it seems logical."
"How is that logical?"
"You were changed by the power of the God of transformation. Switching dimensions isn't so much change as travel. It seems more likely that you were changed to be Dean, not just brought from elsewhere."
Dean just looks at him for a moment, then evidently decides it's too complicated and shakes his head before taking another sip of beer.
After a moment, Macie, Gabriel and Lucifer laugh, and I can only assume it was Mark speaking.
"Oh, yeah," Lucifer agrees. "Big time."
"What?" I ask, missing when I could see him and hear the jokes.
"Nothing," the three say quickly.
I frown, wanting to know but not able to find out. I'm sure it didn't mean anything, but I hate that they get to laugh and I don't get to hear the joke. It's not fair. Of course, I don't realize that it was just Mark cough-saying "know-it-all."

The day is pretty uneventful. It seems to drag on, and by nightfall, I'm unable to fall asleep. Maybe I'm just too excited for Thursday. I probably shouldn't be, but I can't help it. I've barely spoken to anyone that doesn't live in the bunker in months. It should be a nice change, chatting with Ryan. Unfortunately, sleep isn't coming, and I'm stuck lying in bed, waiting for it to finally arrive.
After a while, I decide to give up and return to the living room, where no one has moved since this morning. Everyone looks up when I enter the room, and Macie pauses her show. I can't help but marvel at how old Alexis looks. She's only about thirty hours old, probably less, and she looks like she's two.
"What's wrong?" Lucifer asks worriedly.
"Nothing," I reply. "Just can't sleep."
"Ah. In that case, come join the Supernatural marathon," Lucifer welcomes me. "Season three already."
"How are you already on season three? I don't think that's mathematically possible."
"They skip the boring parts," Macie tells me. "And the boring episodes."
"Oh, makes sense," I reply. "Is Mark here? I don't want to sit on him."
Mark flickers into existence, lying on the floor next to the tv. He doesn't take his eyes off the tv, but as long as I know where I can and cannot sit, I don't mind. I take a seat next to Lucifer, resting my head in his shoulder. He puts his arm around me, holding me close. This is how we stay, watching Supernatural until I eventually fall asleep in his arms.