Letting Go

Dinah

The way Lauren had changed in the span of two weeks and three days was the scariest thing I had ever experienced. Not only was she attached to me, she wanted to hurt like I did. This wasn't her, and regardless of how much it attracted me to her like a mate, I knew it was wrong.

She had this look of pure want and lust every time she looked at me and I couldn't help the way my body reacted every time she would grab the collar of my shirt and do things I had only dreamt of.

I had to admit, I liked it but I felt guilty. I had loved her innocence, the way a child loves a flower. She was beautiful and I loved to admire her, but now that I had destroyed her, I regretted everything. I had let myself poison her and that darkness was only growing.

I didn't want her to be like me, I wanted her to be innocent and kind, not driven by the gun or knife in her hands. She didn't seem to realize it. It was like she was a completely different person and she didn't remember who she used to be.

Today we were going to see the men who had tortured her, and I was in no mood to do so but Lauren insisted. I felt terrible. The men deserved to be tortured, to make them feel how she did but the thoughts of letting Lauren press a drill to a mans hand and go at it made me cringe in disgust. She shouldn't want to hurt them. It wasn't her nature.

When I opened my eyes, I was surprised to find the sun rising beyond the horizon, the night sky barely existing as streams of light started to cascade over the black. I rolled over, reaching out my hand to find Lauren and bring her against me but when I felt the empty sheets, my heart stopped. "Lauren?" I called out huskily and groaned when I heard no reply. She was probably downstairs eating breakfast, and even though I loved sleeping way too much, I was worried she wouldn't be down there so I went to check. My feet took me out of our room and down the wood floored hallway, giving me a strange feeling. It was weird to be in this house, it wasn't mine. It wasn't where I had grown up.

"Lauren?" I asked again and breathed deeply as I saw her pert ass sticking up as she leaned across the kitchen island, looking out the sliding glass doors.

"Mhm?" She asked and I bit my lip, my eyes trained on her perfect butt only covered by a tight pair of underwear that were making me more uncomfortable by the second. She was wearing my shirt and that made me want to do bad things as she cast me a glance over her shoulder.

"What are you doing down here?" My voice was quiet for some reason as she looked back to the sunrise, her attention no longer on me.

"Couldn't sleep," she replied, her voice also quieter. I think it was the peace that we felt, afraid to disturb it. Taking a few steps forward, I pressed my hips against her and leaned down, my body over her. I nuzzled her neck softly, reaching my hand around and grabbing her hands.

"Why didn't you wake me? I would've helped, baby."

She seemed amused as she pressed her thick little ass against my crotch, looking back at me, making me resist the desirable urge to do things I wanted. Turning around, she pushed me back up and hopped up onto the counter, pulling me between her legs as she stared into my eyes.

Smiling, I just looked back, admiring her beauty. Lauren was a masterpiece, and her eyes, they were like a whole other universe existing within themselves. I don't think I had ever seen something so pretty. She was so beautiful. I was lucky to have her, maybe even luckier if I hadn't destroyed the good in her.

"You're beautiful, you know that? Inside and out." I spoke and her hands grabbed mine slowly, almost innocently like she had done before once or twice in our old house.

"You've told me once or twice," she mumbled into my ear as she brought me close, letting my crotch press into hers. Biting my lip, I slid my hands out of hers and onto her body, grabbing her hips. I shouldn't be doing this. I felt like I was using her.

"It's because it's true," I tried to keep things light but when she looked at me, her eyes dark with want, I knew what she wanted. I watched as her eyes flickered down to mine more a moment before looking back to me.

Her lips fell onto mine and I groaned quietly when she pressed closer against me, making me press back harder. When she got frisky, I got rough because to be honest, there was a little sex animal in me that needed to be let loose every once in awhile.

Catching her bottom lip in between my teeth, I bit down, mentally smirking at myself as she whimpered, hooking her hands around my neck.

"Uh, Mrs. Hansen," someone coughed behind me and I pulled away, smiling when I saw Lauren's cheeks burn scarlet red.

"Yes?" I turned around, letting Lauren pull me back against her front as I looked to my agent. His face was stone cold, something I took pride in seeing because I didn't want any perverts on my team.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but, we have news about your father. May I speak to you privately?" He looked at me and nodded, a thin frown on his lips, making me aware of what had happened.

"Y-Yeah," I nodded, feeling Lauren's hands tighten around my arms before turning around, kissing her gently. "Marcus! Stay with Lauren!" I yelled, caressing her cheek as another one of my agents came in, standing at attention next to the doorway.

She looked at me, and I frowned as I pulled away, trying to keep my mind off of what I already knew. My father had passed, there was no other reason.

"Follow me," I said as I walked down the hallway, into my new office where I took a seat in my leather seat. My agent sat down, looking at me with emotionless brown eyes.

"Mr. Hansen has passed. He died yesterday in his bed. The nurses proclaimed it as death of old age." He continued explaining but I wasn't listening, I was trying to process it. My father was dead, it had finally happened, and I hadn't been there to say goodbye. My heart ached at the thoughts, making me put my head in my hands.

I was going to be Caporegime, without my father getting to see who I would grow to be. This was it, it was finally time to take the mafia's thrown.

I hadn't noticed but tears were starting to tinge my eyes as I looked down at my desk, taking shaky breaths. "Go ahead with plan 7T please. Thank you agent," I said and he nodded, getting up and leaving.

I couldn't believe my father was gone. I don't know how long I sat and cried till Lauren came in, hugging me and telling me it would be alright. Nothing felt that way though. I didn't want to be alright. I didn't want to let go. I wasn't ready to let go. Not now, not ever.