Chapter One: Red Thread of Fate

Red was the color of her hair, and it was something about her hair that made him adore it from the day these two met as children in their school days. She was introduced as a new student when he first met her, and that day, even though she was harsh and rude especially to him, he didn't mind one bit. She moved into Konoha City with her mother and father Mito Uzumaki and Hashirama Senju who had decided to move to the city for Hashirama to get a better job and for Kushina to get a greater future as well, even though Kushina didn't like the idea of moving somewhere else one bit.

So here she was, standing in front of the classroom with the biggest frown on her face and gray eyes dull of anger. "Class, this is Kushina Uzumaki, our newest student!" Said the teacher, giving Kushina a meaningful smile as everyone stared at this girl. "Haha! Your hair is the color of a tomato!" A boy comments as Kushina growls under her breath. "So? Your face is just as ugly as a donkey's butt!" She responds as a girl from the front begins to laugh. "She's so ugly!" Kushina folds her arms as she inhales deeply. "When I grow up, I'm going to be Konoha's President!" She states as a ball of laughter is heard, and soon, a boy with sun baked hair and bright deep ocean blue eyes stands up. "I want to be Konoha's President! It's been my lifelong dream, and I want to be smart and strong!" He declares as Kushina bats a glare at him. "You're so girly, you cheese head!" She growls as he only smiles and sits back down at his desk. "Alright, that's enough, Kushina, why don't you take your seat?"

She does as she is told, and storms over to an empty seat and sits down. She sighs, as this is the beginning of a long day. After hours go by, she finally rushes out with a bento box that her mother made her to eat for lunch. She sits under a tree as soon a group of boys approach her. "Haha, you're so lame, why is your hair so long and red, it gives me the creeps!" One boy comments as another agrees. "It's like her hair is made out of a bunch of tomatoes and pizza sauce!"

She growls as she punches one in the face before he gasps in pain and falls back, the other boy grabbing the ends of her hair and yanking until she screams, but she is much quicker and manages to pummel the boys to a pulp as they run off. "Hmph, good riddance." She murmurs under her breath, as from the corner of her eye she sees the familiar boy from earlier. "Are you to make fun of me too?! Dattebane!" She angrily notes as Minato shakes his head. "No, but your hair...I think it's--" Kushina sighs loudly, interrupting him. "Ugly, I know, leave me alone!"

But one faithful day, would prove Kushina that Minato loves her. It was that day, a man kidnapped her and stole her from a worried Hashirama and Mito. Kushina left strands of her red hair for someone to find and save her. Minato was the one that did. He saved her, and from then on, Minato and Kushina were lovers.

They got married and now await for their baby boy to be born. "DATTEBANE!!! THAT HURTS YA KNOW!!!!" Kushina yells as Minato tries his hardest not to be crushed by her strength, even if it was just his hand she was holding. The cries of a newborn baby boy fill the room as Kushina and Minato see that he has blonde hair and blue eyes. They were now parents. But on the day they would start to go back home, Kushina would meet her untimely death. As Minato parks the car and holds Naruto, Kushina goes off to a store to go purchase some toys for Naruto and something for Minato. It was then, a man in the mask approaches her. "Long time no see, Kushina." Her eyes widen as she looks at the man. "W-Who are you?!" She stutters, as he then takes off his mask a little bit to reveal his identity to her and she immediately recognizes him. She mouths his name, as she realizes, the time has come. "Goodbye, Kushina." A loud gunshot was heard, startling Minato as he handed his mother Tsunade, Naruto, and then bolted forward, seeing the horrible sight he could possibly ever stumble upon. Tsunade and baby Naruto look, as poor Naruto doesn't know what's going on, and Minato starts to get on his knees and break down, sobbing as police sirens fill his ears.

"KUSHINA!!!!"

It has been four years since then...