Chapter Twenty: The Face of Sakura's Past

Sakura stared at the menu infront of her. "Did you really want to eat at this chinese restaurant?" Ino says as she decides to get duck sliders as one of her appetizers. Sakura nods. "Of course, Ino. I'm hungry, and I've been dying to have this." Sakura says as Ino giggles, deciding to go for the strawberry lemonade. "What are you getting, Forehead?" Ino asks. "Well, Pig. I plan on getting the passion fruit lemonade!" Sakura chirps as Ino laughs. "Haha, looks like someone is in love!" Ino claps as Sakura groans. "Pleaaaaase, Ino!" Sakura says as Ino opens her eyes and looks straight ahead, immediately regretting.

"What. The. Fuck."

"Ino! What's wrong with you, shanaroo, you can't just be swearing like a sailor--..." Sakura looks to where Ino is looking, and slowly turns around as her eyes widen. There standing in the perfect posture was the multi-billionaire Madara Uchiha, who walked with such pride, and behind him with a heavy expensive camera was Sai. "Oh...my..." Sakura quickly faces Ino as she buries herself into the menu. Ino quickly tries taking cover with the booth, lowering her head as much as possible. "What the hell...I mean, I'm happy Sai is here, but!" Ino gasps as Sakura hisses.

"Madara! Madara is here too? Golly willickers, Madara Uchiha does not eat cheap!" Sakura growls as Ino hisses back. "I know that Forehead, but we gotta pray that Madara chooses somewhere else to sit so he doesn't spot--"

"Hello, Ms. Haruno."

Sakura's eyes widen as the voice of Madara sends chills all over her spine. Ino kicks her knee as Sakura immediately bolts up, causing her to automatically turn around and face Madara. "Hellooooo, Mr. Uchiha..." She gulps as Ino mutters softly. "What is this, Fifty Shades of Grey?" Sakura glares at Ino before looking at Madara.

"I didn't expect to see you here." She says as Madara smiles slyly. "Well, it was destined." He says as Sai turns to Ino. "Hello, gorgeous." He says as Madara takes a seat next to Sakura as Sai takes a seat next to Ino. "Well, let's order our food shall we? Dinner is on me, or perhaps is this lunch?" Madara says as Sakura tightens up in her chair, a bit restless and nervous.

CHAAAA SAKURAAA!!! STAY PUT. STAY CALM!!!! THINK OF SOMEONE ELSE, THINK OF SOMEONE ELSE!!!!

Shut up, inner, I don't know who to think of!!! Just think of ramen!!!!

As the dishes roll by, and Ino hesitates to converse with Sai due to the awkwardness Sakura has been placed into, she simply talks from time to time. "So, Sakura." Madara speaks up as Sakura blinks a few times. "Yes." She says lightly as Madara smiles. "I was wondering if you'd care to join me in seeing the opera with me, this Saturday." He says as Sakura tries her hardest to come up with an excuse on why not to go with this player man. "Actually, Mr. Uchiha..." Ino chimes in.

"Yes, Yamanaka?"

"Sakura can't. She has to go with me to...a fashion conference...she can't miss this. She promised to go with me." Ino says as Sakura nods in agreement. "Yeah, that's true." Sakura says as Madara replies, "Where is your conference at Ino? I'd like to attend." Madara says as Ino scratches the back of her head. "Actually....I don't suggest going....the papar--"

"Ino, I can handle a bit of paparazzi, so, care to tell me where it's at?" He adds as Sakura in a panic thinks of more to say. "Actually, I know how much you love operas...and stuff...but....I'll go as a friend." Sakura says as Ino mouths, 'Are you sure?' Sakura nods as Ino sheepishly smiles. Madara slaps a hundred dollar bill on the table.

"It's settled then, I'll pick you up at your apartment, seven PM sharp." He says as he takes his leave as Sakura groans.

What has she gotten herself into?