Chapter Twenty Six: Artistically Charming

"So how's it going with raising Naruto?" Ino asks, stabbing the slabs of meat on her creamy white plate. Sakura chews on hers before stirring her lemonade. "It's going well, but I'm afraid Naruto is getting too close to me, I mean, don't get me wrong, it's sweet and very kind, but...what if I'm not always going to be there for him, like, I move, get accepted to one of the colleges, or I don't know, marry Madara!" She blushes as she says the last part. Ino rolls her eyes. "Sakura you're being overdramatic here. So what? Isn't Naruto you're number one priority?"

"That's what I thought, Pig, sure, I've been getting paid like a princess, but..." Sakura sighs. "But?" Ino arches a golden eyebrow. "I feel like...soon, something terrible is going to happen...or a sudden drift that will make me leave Naruto's side..." She sighs as Ino pats her back. "I get the feeling you're not only worried about leaving the kid's side." Ino chimes as Sakura rolls her eyes. "For the last time, Ino. I don't like Minato like that. It's all about Kushina." Sakura says as Ino groans. "Do you have to bring the dead up?"

"It's all Minato can think and speak about. Every little thing reminds him of her. He can't let her go. He's damaging his heart."

"Perhaps you can fix it, Forehead. It doesn't hurt to try, and last time I checked, Minato is somewhat healing because of you, you should spend more time with him." Ino adds.

"My job is Naruto and Naruto only." Sakura takes a sip of her lemonade. "Keep telling yourself that." Ino murmurs. "You've been a virgin for too damn long that even your brain is trying to tell your heart to do something, Forehead."

Sakura pokes her forehead. "Must my forehead always be involved?"

"Yes!" Ino giggles as she then feels her phone vibrate in her pocket. "Ooh! I think that's Sai, sorry Forehead, but Pig's gotta go!" Ino says gathering her stuff as she pats Sakura.

"Ugh, bye." Sakura tosses tips on the table before walking off too.

🌞🌸

Ino approaches Sai's studio, also known as his house. "Wow..." She breathes lightly as she smiles. Sai's house itself was art. She walks up to the front door as she rings the doorbell, reluctant for him to open the door and let her in.

Sai swings the door open with a delicate smile painted onto his face. "Ino!" He plops a kiss on her lips as he beckons her to come in. "Come on, I want to ask you something." He enters the living room and takes a seat on his purple couch. She looks into his eyes as anticipation builds up inside her body. "Yes, Sai?"

His smile grows.

So pure, so true, not a fake smile like always.

"Gorgeous, will you be my girlfriend?"