Chapter Five: Sandy Sandcastles Gaara

She stared at the dishes. Not a huge pile, but it was worthy enough to call it a pile. Tsunade had to help with building the playground, and Minato didn't greet her today. It was like she was an imaginary friend of Naruto's. But, staring and thinking wouldn't make her get these dishes done. She quickly grabs the sponge with many holes, almost like a square of a Swiss cheese, and begins to scrub away at the dishes with little struggle. Naruto was inside the living room, watching One Piece. He sat down, as he knew that Dragon Ball Super would be up next.

"Naruto! Do you want anything to eat?" Sakura hollers, as Naruto hollers back. "Yes please!" Sakura smiles, knowing she should make something besides ramen. She was after all, suppose to be everything. The doorbell rang, as Sakura's ears were attentive. "I'll get it!" Sakura hurried herself to the door, only to be yanked back by Minato. He held her arm firmly, as he then lightly pushes her back, oceanic blue eyes pressing against her emerald green eyes in contact. "I-I said I'll get it, Minato!" She squeaks as Minato shakes his head, soon approaching the door.

He answers, as he smiles, seeing that it's a familiar short boy with red velvet hair, creamy light green eyes. "Why hello, Gaara!" Minato greets him as Gaara runs inside the house. Sakura, stands behind Minato as she notices the short boy run toward Naruto. "N-Naruto! I'm here!" Gaara exclaims as he then hugs his best friend Naruto. The little blond boy smiles back as he hugs him back with a great embrace. The two then stumble inside the living room as Sakura smiles at the two of them. She felt someone's eyes on her. It was Minato.

"Oh! Excuse me, I'm going to make dinner for the boys!" She bows as she then runs off into the kitchen. She prepares the meal, choosing certain things from the kitchen. She hoped that Tsunade would come, but she didn't. She quickly places the food inside the oven to cook, as she then goes upstairs. Strange, Minato's office was empty, but maybe he was sleeping? Sakura simply shook off the thought. She was here for Naruto and Naruto only. She entered the boy's room as she looked at his unattended bed. She fixes it, while lastly fluffing the pillow.

She picks up his toys as she can hear someone's footsteps. It was Naruto's and Gaara's she presumed. She hummed to herself, trying her hardest not to sing. After she finished picking all the toys up, she then walked out, and bumped into something firm, yet soft. "Yowchh!" She gasps, stumbling back, before her arm was pulled up in order to support her and pull her back onto her feet. A sigh slowly approaches as Sakura gulps. "Sorry, Minato. I'm being clumsy again!" Sakura looks down, as Minato lets her go. "You're making dinner?" He asks. She nods. "Would you like some?"

He shakes his head. "No. I ate earlier." He harshly says as Sakura nods, then going downstairs, having the haunting look of Minato glued to the back of her head, and she entered the living room, seeing Naruto and Gaara watching Dragon Ball Super, playing with dolls. Naruto was Beerus while Gaara was Champa. The two shouted attacks as Sakura smiles, soon going up the stairs again.

She pokes her head inside the office, searching for Minato. "Minato?" He's not in his office. She checked Naruto's room, the few guest rooms, Tsunade's room, and all was left was two rooms she hadn't entered yet.

She assumed the one infront of her was the bathroom. She sees no signs of light illuminated from their, or the door locked, and slowly opens, gasping at the sight infront of her. A shirtless Minato stood, pants unbuttoned, belt slightly dangling at the ends, and in the moment when he was concentrating on stripping, his oceanic eyes slowly look up, narrowed, before widening at Sakura. "EEEEEEEEEKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!" Sakura screamed before covering her tomato red face and shutting the door after closing it after her exit. "SOOOOORRRRYYYYY!!!!" She then ran downstairs quickly, heart pounding, before joining Naruto and Gaara in watching Blood+.

🌸

Sakura smiles after the boys seemed to enjoy the dish she prepared, it was time for Sakura to go home, but somehow, she couldn't wash out the image of Minato.