Chapter Eight: Stone Cold

After picking up after the mess of a room, Sakura turns to Naruto, who was currently sleeping on the ground, with loud snores like that of a sleeping beast. She smiles, slowly picking him up and tucking him into bed. "Goodnight, Naruto." She smiles wide, as she closes the door behind her and goes downstairs to the kitchen.

Maybe Minato is hungry!

He rarely ate, throughout the many times she came and periodically went over to slightly check up on him, he was always left foodless. She begins to cook, squeezing some oil out of the bottle as she then grabs slabs of red meat and begins to cook.

"My son loves spicy beef noodles, they are his favorite food, so maybe that shall put him in a good mood. He loves to drink strawberry milk too!"

Sakura smiles at Tsunade's words as she continues to cook, before finishing them within an hour, taking a red rose in a skinny blue vase, the glass of strawberry milk, and the bowl of beef noodles towards Minato's office. "M-Minato?" She knocks, but gets no answer. She carefully pries the door open, and sees Minato sleeping, a beer bottle accompanied beside him.

Just one. One wouldn't make him an angry man, would it? Unless, he didn't drink on a daily basis. His face was so gentle and peaceful, his hair calm, his papers finished and filed away as Sakura places the food on his table and lightly pats him. "M-Minato, I made dinner?" And in the moment, Minato was flooded with memories of Kushina patting him to awaken him after intense training to become president, and she making him his favorite foods. He shuffles out of his sleep as Sakura steps back. His eyes groggy, look around as he sees Sakura infront of him.

She gives him a sheepish smile. "M-Minato I made you dinner, beef noodles with strawberr--" Minato slams his fist onto the table as the milk struggles to keep its balance, and falls with a clash to the ground, breaking into a million pieces, the milk pools out as Minato flings the noodles forward, making the startled Sakura stumble back and her eyes widen. "What the hell, Sakura!" She gasps, looking down at her feet before speaking. "S-Sorry, s-s-sir...I-I..." Minato growls. "Is this a sick joke of you trying to remind me of my wife?!" He grits his teeth.

"I-I..." Minato throws the beer bottle to the ground as he sighs. "I gave you one job! And that's to prioritize my son! I don't need you to prioritize me!" Sakura sniffles under her tears as she bows. "S-Sorry...I-I'll go now..." She quickly runs down the stairs as she opens the door, Tsunade barely entering, seeing the sad Sakura dash off and away. Tsunade's eyes shut, immediately knowing that her son must've done something for the sweet girl to act like that. She locks the door behind her as she sighs, going up the stairs, seeing Minato's outburst all over the floor.

She crosses her arms. "Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. The girl just makes you dinner, and that's how you repay her? Becoming Hulk and causing damage, emotional especially to her? I had an amazing date with Orochimaru, who is waiting for me in the car, but now I see, I knew listening to my mother's senses was a good idea!" She scowls as Minato growls. "Don't talk like I'm the one to blame, why the hell does she think that making my 'favorite food' will make me feel better?"

"She was just trying to help! What do you expect! Naruto loves her an awful lot, you know, he's not the sad and lonely boy anymore!" Tsunade scoffs. "I pay her to watch him, not me!" Minato sighs as Tsunade corrects him. "I pay her Minato! You better damn apologize tomorrow! She's just trying to help, clean this mess, stop drinking, and behave like the son I raised, goodnight." She plops a quick but harsh motherly kiss on his forehead before joining her husband into the car.

After cleaning and thinking, Minato finally says in the silence. "Mother is right..."