Chapter Thirty: The Assistant

It was a warm day, as Sakura tried her hardest to erase the recent memory she had with Madara, it was just dinner so what? Her feet pressed toward the Namekaze Manor as she lightly taps on the door. Who would answer this time? Tsunade? Minato? Naruto? Tsunade answers the door, with a small unoticable smile plastered onto her lips as if it were fake. Had something happened? This gave Sakura some suspicion. "Good morning, Tsunade!" Sakura bows a bit, before standing once more. Naruto was in the kitchen, munching on his bagel with loads of white delicious cream cheese in the middle.

"Yayyyyy! Sakura is here!!!!" Naruto runs while also holding the bagel between his hands. Sakura smiles, watching him make his way to her. "Sakuraaa!" He exclaims as Sakura pats his head, ruffling a few blond spikes as he blushes, then running back to sit in the kitchen. "Where's Minato? In his office I believe?" Sakura asks, a big watermelon-shaped smile appears as she starts to walk up the stairs. Tsunade's eyes widen as her cherry red lips open up to speak. "S-Sakura! Wa-Wait! N-No!" Tsunade tries to catch up, as Sakura hears someone else in the room.

"So, Mr. Namekaze, where would you like me to put these books?" A voice asks, as Sakura's ears perk in curiousity, as she scurries up to Minato's office and sees a girl with short black hair, her back was facing Sakura as Minato was facing forward. "Mina--" Sakura's eyes widen as the girl slowly turns around and faces Sakura, carrying books, a face of puzzlement and as if, half of her other face read, 'Who's she?' Minato stares at Sakura before blinking and speaking. "Sakura. Pleasant...to see you...I mean pleasure. This is my assistant, Shizune."

Over and over, those five words ring in Sakura's ears.

This is my assistant, Shizune.

Shizune.

Shizune.

Shizune.

Sakura forces a smile as she bows respectfully. "Pleasure to meet you, I am Sakura Haruno." Sakura declares as Shizune places the books in the bookshelf. "Nice to meet you, Sakura!" Shizune chirps as Sakura shifts, slowly disappearing from the eyesight. She climbs back downstairs as she looks down at her feet. Tsunade slowly approaches her, already knowing what she saw. "That girl is Shizune. She was the niece of my husband."

"I see." Sakura says plainly as Tsunade nods, patting her head lightly. "It's alright...though...if I remember correctly...Minato did say that you are his assistant, I don't know what changed his original plan. I severely do not know what has gotten into that boy." Tsunade grumbles as Naruto stumbles his way to Sakura as he grins. "Are we going to watch One Punch Man today?" He asks as Sakura smiles. "Of course, Naruto!" Sakura says as Tsunade then speaks. "Afterwards, would you like to go to the mall with Orochimaru, Naruto, and I?" Tsunade asks as Sakura immediately nods.

"Of course...there's no point in me staying here if...Naruto isn't here, he's my priority, whereas her inner was screaming, "Of course! There's no point in me staying here if Twinkie has a fat chocolate donette!" Sakura retaliates. "Shut up inner!" Her inner rages back. "Shanaroooo!!! Now you should pursue your sexy boy Uchiha!"

Sakura turns to Naruto. "So, one episode of One Punch Man and then the mall?" She suggests, as Naruto nods, then rushing to the living room, Tsunade following after. Sakura hurries on with them, as she mutters under her breath of rasp, "Minato."